what are peoples opinions on throwing a baby shower for second child?

I was just wandering what people thought about this because I'm pregnant with my second baby and want to throw one for this baby to but some people are saying I'm only supposed to have one for the first.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think it depends. My first was a girl and my second was a boy. So I think that is fair in my opinion.
  • If the genders different then its ok. This is my 2nd but I don't know the gender yet. But its been almost 11yrs since first. So I need a shower!!
  • I say if you need a shower have one.. if you have the opposite gender youll need a shower for cloths and if your having a child unplanned yearsss later then have a shower.. or if you just dont have anything left from baby one then have another one.. g/l
  • I say its OK if your pregnancies are acouple years apart mine has been 5 years.... also if ur having a boy when u had a girl or vice versa.....
  • Depends on the area and culture. My daughter is having one for her second. The oldest (18 months) is a boy and she is 30 w 4 d with a girl...
  • I say if it's within a few years then maybe just have a diaper party unless gender is different. If it's been five+ years, have another shower.
  • yeah my first was a girl she's 15 months old I find out Monday the sex and if its a boy I'm definitely gonna have one.
    I think even if its a girl ill throw a small one just cause there fun!
    thank you all for your opinions! :)
  • I had one for my second because it was a boy and my first was a girl; BUT my family loves baby showers so much that they're throwing me another one this month even though it's another boy! And my sister in law has had a baby shower for her last two pregnancies and she had girls both times. It depends on if you know enough people that love baby showers and are willing to throw you one.
  • I'm having one but my bff if doing it. And my son is 7 and this is my bf first so I think I need one lol
  • I was actual wondering this. what exalt would you describe a diaper shower as. @megrod88.
    I don't care about gifts so much just love having my friends and family over to celebrate happy ocassions and eat.
  • Every baby should have a baby shower. Unless its like your 10th munchkin. But it is a pregger perk :)
  • @mscheyla I agree with you! every baby should be celebrated : )
  • I think you should. Have fun!
  • @menemami Basically like a baby shower with diapers given as gifts.
  • I have a 2 1/2 year old and I'm 16 Wis pregnant with my second. I didn't save one thing (except a few of my favorite clothes of hers) from when she was a baby. I'm having a baby shower for this one. I think it all depends on how close in age you have your kids... but that's just my opinion.
  • We celebrate birthdays every year why can't we look at baby showers as the babies first birthday. I would only have a prob with a repeat shower if it were someone I knew didn't take care of their first kid. It will be four and a half years since my last pregnancy so I plan on having one. They are fun, and who doesn't love babies.
  • I'm having one my first is 17m (girl) n I'm having a boy... I don't need much just clothes n diapers would help since both will b in diapers
  • In my family you receive a shower for every baby. Each one is special and worth celebrating :-)
  • I've never heard of not having one because its not your first this is my third, I have two boys already, and if this one is a boy I will be having another.
  • I feel much better that others don't think its wrong and I'm gonna have one no matter what if people don't agree with it they don't need to come :)
  • This is my 4th child and 4th baby shower
  • Different Genders...YES
    How Many Years Apart...EX: Two boys but they are both 5 years apart then YES but if its one after the other I don't think you should.
  • I personally think it wont hurt to have a baby shower for every kid! lol in my culture we have baby showers for every kid u have and friends and family throw u the party...so pretty much I got no choice. but I say go ahead and throw ur little one a baby shower! :)
  • @Mama_Kat oh hun I wish I can throw u a baby shower! I ♥ ♥ throwing parties for people! are u by any chance located in Spokane, WA? If u are I'll throw u one! :)
  • i was wondering the samething about my third on the way? I really dont want to but my cousin keeps asking if she can throw one for me....
  • I say if you want a shower have one who cares what other people think. Just because this isnt your first doesnt mean you shouldnt enjoy it like your first.