cramps and spotting?!

edited May 2011 in First Trimester
I just found out that I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Recently I've experienced changes in my temperature every hour! Also, I've had mild lower abdominal cramping as well as light spotting. Anyone having similar symtems or advice? Thanks :)

Comments

• Light cramping like you are about to start your period is very common in the first trimester and end of the third trimester hun. :) you should contact your ob or midwife though about the spotting, for some its normal, but most doctors want to at least document that you were spotting and bossily have you come in just to make sure everything is okay :) As for the temperature, anything over 100.4 is considered high for a pregnant woman and should be taken seriously. If you don't go to the er, make sure you are drinking lots of fluids, relaxing, and take a Tylenol. Then call your doctor in the morning. Congrats and good luck on your pregnancy hun!! :D
  • Cramping and spotting are completely normal at 6 weeks. If you start having bright red bleeding though, that is not normal and I would suggest calling your doc asap. Lastly, if you have ANY questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact your doc. Congrats, and good luck. Hope to see you around Pregly! :)
  • Thank you guys so much :) I haven't been to my OB yet so everything makes me nervous! I feel so much more relieved!
  • I had same prob only no one gave me advice. I sure feel overlooked on pregly. I'm 7 weeks have brown on tp but no cramps. Just always worried
  • sseems like some discussions have Nada to do with Pregnancy.
  • I had spotting for Almost a week when I was six weeks doctor told me to lay down prop my feet up and I did until it stopped I was so scared I knew that's all I could to and pray! God heard mine n my family's prayers because I'm now 14 weeks and doing good. Just take it easy.
  • And it was more than spotting actually it was kind of heavy at first. Red pink then brown but it slowed down and eventually stopped.
  • Good for you.! Congrats! I just want a healthy baby. And it seems to be minimal spotting but everything makes me panic
  • Go to ur doc asap. I had the same symptoms last october and was having a mc. Not trying to scare u but mc common in first trimenster and its better to just b safe. Good luck though I hope more then anything its nothing
  • edited May 2011
    I spotted almost monthly for the duration of my entire pregnancy. I have a very healthy 21 month old little boy! It scared me everytime it happened, but my doc assured me everything was ok. So in other words, every one is different and what is normal for one may not be for another. Relax, drink lots if fluids and call your ob in the morning! Good luck hun, I am thinking of you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just posted a similar topic.. guess I should have looked here first!!!
  • I'm 8w2d and just started spotting brown. but when I wiped there was very lil pink. I'm also cramping.....should I be concerned? :(
  • Okay. Thank you so much! This is my first so I don't really know what to expect.
  • At 6w 1d I started brown spotting and cramping. 2 hrs later it was red with clots. Be careful.
  • Yea I mean its always good to check. With doc.
  • Glad I found this topic. I'm 7 wks/2days and began light spotting late last Friday after having a vaginal ultrasound earlier that day. The spotting stopped Sunday evening, only to return today. My OBGYN is seeing me Thursday morning. She is going to do another vaginal ultrasound to check on the baby. Last Friday I saw the baby's heartbeat and the sac which was very clear. I'm praying all is well. From what I've read medically on the internet, light spotting is common in the 1st trimester and what should give a lot of concern is when the blood is red, there's possible clots and cramps.