curse you antibiotics

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I had bronchitis and got put on amoxil 500 mg for 5 days 3xs a day im on day three and guess what?! Yep my first yeast infection! I used monistat 1 only to have most of it come out....im gonna rip off my fn whoha! Agh! Any advice for dealing with a yeasty?

Comments

• wear panty liners and lie down after insertion
  • My sister told me not only to eat yogurt but it helps to put plain yogurt down there also. Eating yogurt does help tho.
  • Most yeast infection medications come with a tube for external use for the itchiness. You can also buy it by itself. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Im going to the store first thing tomorrow for monistat7 and yogurt :'( it sucks because its already swollen and uncomfortable down there....my husband thinks its hilarious ....he doesn't know I could give it to him see how he likes it :( thanks everyone...im guessing taking a brillo pad to it is a bad idea lol
  • edited May 2011
    I'm sooo sorry!! I had that happen twice this pregnancy :O even had an allergic reaction to the over the counter meds :O
    If you swell up or it doesn't go away go to your OB. You can also limit your sugar intake. (TMI ALERT) If there is sugar in ur urine it can make it worse because the yeast uses it as food. I hope it goes away very quickly!!! And doesn't come back. Also don't have sex until its absolutely totally gone or your guy can reinfect you

Cold compresses can help a little too
  • Ty so much I am so over this infection
  • Omg apparently im allergic to monistat...I tried both generic and brand..my God I wanted to die horrible burning itching 100xs worse and immediately swollen it took forever for the pain to stop!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ughh I've had two since becoming pregnant! My dr prescribed some cream that I inserted for 3 days and I used a and d on the outside to deal w the irritated skin. A brillo pad is probably not a great idea ;) feel better!!
  • I had the same reaction with monistat and I had to do it for seven days! Try putting a ice pack or bag of ice down there. That'd what I did.. amazinnnggg! Hope this helps
  • My dr said not to finish the monistat treatment but ice pack does help I was in tears