abnormal pap smear

edited May 2011 in First Trimester
I don't know what to think about this just got my results for my pap smear back and I have abnormal cells that may be cancerous I am 11 weeks pregnant with my second baby and my husband just deployed and I am worried sick and have no one to talk to kinda Freaking out a bit

Comments

• That happened to me after i had my first...they went in and using a laser sliced a small piece of by cervix and had it tested for cancer and it came back all clear ....good luck honey
  • I had that before...I had to get cryo therapy. After treatment n healing cells were normal :) this procedure probably can't be done while prego tho.
  • hugs honey. try not to worry too much!!
  • I had the same thing but not while pregnant. They just watched it and it went away on it own. It's scary that's for sure but it will all be all right.
  • Dont worry I had the same thing happen to me but I realized we had intercourse the day before my pap and something as simple as.that can give you abnormal cells.
  • I had the same but not while pregnant. They did a procedure on me called LEEP to remove the cells from my cervix and nearly 4 years later I am fine (and preggo to boot). Mine were precancerous cells but since it is caught early, it's usually very treatable. Don't stress. You should be fine. :)
  • They told me the same thing in december I still have to get a test done. And another after I have the baby, but my doc at the time told me it happens more than you think especially in pregnant women and not to worry about it. She said 98% of the time its nothing.
  • This could be a number of things, when was your last pap smear? I mean, prior to this abnormal one?
  • I had an abnormal one recently and my dr decided to do a colposcopy. I had it done last week. I am almost 18wks preg. The thought of it being done now scared the crap outta me, but my dr was awesome, it was really easy. She did decide to do a small biopsy, but it was very very low in my cervix. I actually didn't have snt bleeding or anything afterward. If they decide that is the next course of action, don't worry... They wont do any invassive procedures now. They will just look around. Anything more than that they will wait til you have your baby. It could also go back to normal after the baby is born too. it will be ok :)
  • Yeah! Hopefully everything works itself out on its own! The doc eliminated the possibility of it being hpv?
  • My last pap was when I was pregnant with my daughter and she is only 2 so not to long ago is there a possibly that it could have be cuz by the mirena cuz I had that in b4 I got pregnancy and its not hpv
  • I got my results back from my colposcopy/biopsy and everything came back fine. After 2 abnormal paps in 2yrs...there is nothing going on down there. I was very happy to hear this. She said we will just do another one about 6wks after I have my baby. :)