Bad news :(

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
So they thought I had pre clampsia(sp)...but turns out my baby is breech. Not only breech but measuring too big? I'm only 37 weeks but he's measuring at 38 weeks...at 7lbs and 8ozs. I go for a dr apt tomorrow so the midwifes can try to turn him externally. U know this is supposed to be uncomfortable for me...not supposed to hurt the baby. But is it painful? Sometimes the ultrasound us painful when they push down...will it feel like that? Any advice cause I am scared and nervous. I was going to do home water birth...guess this is out of the question. :/

Comments

• **I meant to type I know this will be uncomfortable for me*
  • Oh wow, I heard it was painful, but not so bad you try and kill the Dr. I hope it all goes well, are you sure the home water birth will be out of the question if they correct the breech? I'm cheering for you!
  • I looked on you tube hun when my little girl was breech, luckily she turned herself ut all the videos on there said it isn't painful. :)
  • Well I think if they correct it maybe not. But she said if the baby dosent take well to then trying to move him...they will have to deliver...that's why I'm so nervous.
  • Oh that's a good idea. I'm ganna go check out youtube now.
  • Have you tried doing the 'excercises' to make him turn himself? I heard it's painful and sometimes doesn't work but good luck and I hope you get to have th birth you want
  • Bouncing on a gym ball can help, keep knees lower than hips and a straight back. Good luck
  • I have heard it both ways, I have heard it is really painful, and I have heard it's just slightly uncomfortable. I hope everything works out for you!