9 weeks pregnant nd stressed over husband deployment

edited February 2011 in Military moms
Recently married just found out I'm pregnant alil before he left having a hard time doing it all alone

Comments

• I kinda understand what ur going thru I can only talk to my fiance on the phone or thru a tv screen but mine is in jail...but we found out I swas preg 5 days after he was in jail and he won't be back till the week before I'm due. The best thing to do is don't stress urself out cuz u could be hurting the baby.. jus be excited and talk to close family members or friends who can support u thru it till he gets back.
  • Sorry to hear that mine won't be bak till the my a week before my due date it really sucks
  • Ohh both of u ladies I feel bad for. I can't imange being pregnant alone. Least there is us and of. Course your families, but nothing is like being home with ur guy. Hugs to u both
  • Take lots of pictures of your growing belly and send them to him so he can be somewhat involved !!! Atleast he will be Home when baby comes!!!
  • My fiance left today for basic. I'm 30 weeks and more than likely he's gonna miss the birth. But I'm a military brat and I know all about deployments. Its hard but now a days they can get on the computer every day so you two can skype. Skype dates are fun. Gives you a reason to get dressed up. Keep some friends or family around so you're not taking trips to the doc and stuff alone. Make sure you write down everything. First kick or hiccup so ypu can tell him all about it. Keep ya head up. Remember this is his career and he's doing it to provide for his family. :).
  • I understand my husband will leave in may im due in august he comes home in oct and i am doing it with just my mother in law
  • My husband is due to leave for Afghanistan(again) when I start getting large. My husbands mother and my mother volunteered to come stay with me while he's gone.
    it's always good to try to find your support system. Everybody has one, and they are all different. Thats why I use these forums, as another support system.
  • My husband will leave for basic april n won't be home till after aug when ait is over. Were due in sept. Just trying to keep my head up n stay optimistic n hopeful about this new life..
  • Me and my husband just married in Oct. Hel be leaving for Afghanistan (again) this summer. Our boy is due April.
  • A_scott
    I know these other women haven't said anything to you, but i will. I am a navy wife and i go months without hearing from my husband. when he is gone and if i do hear from him, it is one paragraph via email... i would give anything to get a phone call or talk through a tv...
    It is disrespectful to compare jail to the military. Our husbands are making tremendous sacrifices for this country that so many people, for lack of better words, have little respect for. And by that i mean abiding by the law.

I know i may get repremanded for saying what i did but i firmly believe in this country and as a military wife it breaks my heart that you compare your husband in jail to what our husbands are sacrificing americas people and you and even your husband... whom none of these people these men will ever meet, nor will they get the gratification that they deserve.
  • @sydneyleann23 Finally! I want to thank you for posting that. You are right it is extremely disrspectful and out of line to compare jail to a military deploment. I am an army wife and have been through a deployment which my husband got back from last July. This is our first baby and he is slottled to deploy again 6 mon after the birth.

Deployment is stressful not knowing if your spouse is going to make it back alive and hearing from them is few and far between. I agree they are fighting for their country and trying to protect them and not a lot of respect is given. I am with you on this one, stop comparing a law abiding citizen, fighting for your rights, with a prison inmate!
  • @soliderandwife
    Hang in there honey, use your frg and try to keep busy. I've been through a deployment with my hubby and he is slotted to go again 6mon after our baby is born. It will be our first! Congrats on the rugrat and just know that we are here for you and you have a strong support system.

Oh and make sure to spread your love to hubby as much as possible. From one military wife to another thank for supporting your man, we've got a hard job to handle ourselves.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did 7 months of my pregnancy by myself while my husband was in afghanistan it wasnt easy but it made him want to be strong and made it home pretty soon we will have our first baby and he appreciates his family and It makes a marriage or relationship stronger... Thank god for my son and my wonderful husband <3 ~:>
  • I am not a military wife nor child to anyone in the military but what you women and your husbands are doing is extraordinary. I can not imagine being in yalls shoes god bless you and your little ones!
  • @sydneyleann23 you are right it is a disgrace for these women to compare jail time to your husbands deployment they are serving our country so our kids can grow up in a wonderful country and to make it a better place for us all.
  • Thank you to those who gave words of graditude and to those who are pregnant with husbands deplyed, be sure to know that you can find your way to the hospital if need be and know where your relief society is. Also establish 2 even 3 wives to help you in an emergency and notify them ahead of time. This will be of great help! And join a mommy group if you are a social individual, i am not and will not be joining any groups. But i know people who have found them usefull! :)
    good luck to you all and god bless.
  • Pictures lots and lots of pictures!!! My husband is set to go back to Afghanistan just a couple of weeks after our first baby is due. He has training right before I'm due so hopefully he doesn't miss it! I told him I'd take lots of picture and video tape as much as I can. She'll be about 8 months by the time he gets home.
  • My husband is in the Marine Corps and left for Iraq when I was 14 weeks and she was 6 weeks old when he held her for the first time. He never got to see my belly in person, never got to feel her kick. He was able to watch her arrival into this world via live webcam thanks to an organization called freedomcalls... it was amazing! The circumstances weren't ideal but it all worked out in the end, all that matters is that you bring a healthy baby into this world. It's doable... if I could do it then you can do it!!! I am currently 16 weeks pregnant with our 2nd baby... praying he is here to stay... I want him to feel the baby kick and hold my hand as the baby comes out instead of being thousands of miles away! Good luck. Semper fi. :)

P.S. thank you ladies for speaking up about jail vs. the military... very, very different things!
  • I was.9 weeks with my second when my now ex husband... Webcam!!! Pictures!! Ans when you get ultra sounds ask for ythem on a cd. They can do dvds too!! I was also pregnant with our third when he went to korea. Didnt even know it. He missed everything even tbe birth. If you ever need to talk I am all ears.
  • I'm a 25yr old, Air Force wife and im due Nov. 9th. with my 3rd child i have lived in Utah and Okinawa Japan. after Utah my husband was sent to S. Korea for 1yr. i got pregnant with my 2nd when he came to visit for Xmas. he missed out on the first 5 1/2 months after he came home we moved to Okinawa where my girl was born. 3yrs later im here in a small town of Texas. When we 1st got here they told my husband he would be getting deployed in the beginning of 2012 for 6months :-((