After crying and screaming...

edited May 2011 in October 2011
I talked to a few of my girlfriends who are pregnant and are being seen by the same doc...Krista is due 2 days before me and her first ultrasound is on Friday May 6th. Another girl is 3 weeks behind me (nov 2nd) and STILL has her ultrasound before me in June. My doctors nurse (who orders the u/s said you don't need one until 20 weeks or later). Mind you, I haven't even had a diagnostic ultrasound to measure my baby. I've heard the heartbeat just once and I will be 17 weeks on Thursday...
So being the first time paranoid mother to be that I am, I called up my clinic and threw a fit, so my appointment on Tuesday the 10th, I'm getting an ultrasound!:D
Does this make me a bad person for nearly crying for one?! I think I deserve one though, I've never been pregnant before so I have not a single clue what is going on with my body....

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No it doesn't make you a bad person I would be mad to. I'm 23 weeks and have had three ultrasounds. But I was high risk early on so that's why I've had three otherwise I would have only had two.
  • I got one at 14 weeks and Im getting another at my 20 weeks! I would have been mad too!
  • I had 4 u/s before 20 weeks 20 weeks was my 5th! I requested them. I had to pay for them in the big bill at the end but it was worth seeing g my lil man more often!
  • I didn't get my first one when I was 20 weeks!! Man, I should of done the same thing!! I have one again on the 17th of may. Finally!!
  • No, thats not wrong at all in your situation! I'm sad that I wont get anymore :( I love seeing my baby move around on the screen. Both times he wiggled a lot for us :) Maybe I can cry my way into one later on ;)
  • I was even having spotting towards the beginning of my 2nd trimester and for some reason they had no concern. I on the other hand was freaking out! And I have had an overload of stress throughout my whole pregnancy...I mean more than I've ever had in my whole life counting the murder of my sister! I'm just glad I got my point across to the nurse....my mom thought maybe they want to wait because I'm on medicaide but so many other women are too...