Really just don't know.

I'm really just at a loss at this point. I just went through a miscarriage at the beginning of this past March. I was 8 weeks. Now my period is late again. I have very sensitive nipples, increased appetite, major mood swings. My last period started March 12th. Haven't had one since. My boyfriend and I have sex quite often. We use the oh-so reliable pull-out method. But can I really be pregnant again? So soon? And is it possible for a miscarriage to throw your period off so much? I'm now 3 weeks late. Usually pretty regular. I just don't know. I'm honestly scared to take a test. I don't want to get my hopes up again. I'm still carrying a lot of emotional baggage from the first.

:(

Comments

• edited May 2011
    @texasgirl9312 Yes you very much can be! Your chances of getting pregnant after a miscarriage are much much higher due to your body being use to being pregnant. I think you should test as soon as you can! Good Luck! :) Keep us updated.
  • I just don't know what to think! We were so ready to be parents and then it was just over so soon.. And I had NO symptoms with the first. Besides a missed period. I just don't want these to be pms symptoms . Cuz I've already been giving it so much thought! Its hard to block out the thoughts of being a mommy!
  • @texasgirl9312 I know how your feeling, ive been through it twice and right now currently on my 2ww (2 week wait). You dont always have symptoms thats how some woman never know. I think for the safety of you and the potential baby you should test and set up an appt to get you the things you need.
  • I agree with @mommyofangels hun, you should test. Miscarriages can throw off your period, but its best to take a test to be sure. Keep us posted hun and good luck!
  • Thanks for the support! Very much appreciated! :) I totally agree. My thought process is just "what if, what if, what if".. My bf comes home from the oilfield in 2 weeks.. I plan on having a firm yes or no for him when he gets here.
  • Your welcome and I'm always here to talk. :) that'll be a nice surprise for him. Keep me updated
  • I had a miscarriage in august and got pregnant in September
  • Yes you can! I got pregnant a week after mc! Sounds soon, but wouldnt of happened if it wasn't right! i knew from sore boobs!
  • I had a miscarriage this past march on the 5th and had no period and no signs of getting on five weeks later. I went to the doctors for a normal check-up and she did a pregnancy test and it came back positive right away. I found out on April 12th. Now I'm about 7wks . So yes you can! Good luck keep us posted :)
  • I'm texasgirl93 AND texasgirl9312. Dunno how that happened! Ha. But thanks for the input! Much appreciated. I'm getting so excited! Hopefully for good reason! :)
  • @texasgirl93 when are you testing? :)
  • Yay :) How exciting :) i have 5 or 6 days left of my 2ww but im going to try and wait 2 extra weeks..
  • I had a miscarriage in november at 9 weeks had me period in december and found out I was pregnant in january! I'm now 21 weeks so its definitely possible.
  • @MommyofAngels wow! I couldn't do it! Luckily I JUST realized I could be pregnant. I'm already 3 weeks late, so I can go ahead and test.
    @Rl25 I'm beginning to notice a pattern, ha. Hopefully I am prego! I will def keep ya'll posted! Friday couldn't possibly get here any sooner!
  • @texasgirl93 do you have to wait til Friday? Lol
  • Money bags is working outta town. Ha. So, yes. Gotta wait til I get my paycheck and I don't have so much going on!
  • Definitely keep us updated! I'm sending well wishes your way girl!
  • @texasgirl93 Have you tested yet!?
  • Hun, I just re-read your post and I was wondering when in march you had your miscarriage? You have to stop bleeding completely for 2 weeks after your miscarriage to consider any other bleeding a period, that's why im wondering. Your body has to recuperate and ovulate again, then wait before you get your period. Miscarriages can throw off your cycles dramatically. My cycles were every 7 weeks after mine. And before they were like clockwork, every 28 days all the time. You may be testing too early because you don't know when you ovulated or if you have ovulated yet hun. Try and wait it out 2 more weeks and take another test. If you still get a negative, you should see your doctor. Baby dust your way hun! Good luck!
  • I'm sorry! But it'll happen when its supposed to, maybe next month! Jut keep your head up and keep us posted!