Dehydration

edited May 2011 in First Trimester
So yesterday and the past two weeks I have been throwing up constantly...even water..so I went too my doctor and he sent me straight to the hospital...i spent 24 hours there getting pumped with fluids because I was severely dehydrated...they let me come home today and still I feel HORRIBLE...they sent me home with a prescription for Zofran....hopefully this helps some...oh...n I'm only 7w 5d...Ugh...any other ladies having problems....:(

Comments

• Wow.. thats pretty bad... i havent had sickness..
  • Lucky you...:)....i just hope for a healthy baby...
  • :( that's horrible! I'm the same way right now I can't keep anything down even water and I can hardly get out of bed!! Its a task to get up to pee. And when my fiance is at work its even more horrible. He thinks I'm faking and making myself puke but I don't know what to do :( I hope you feel better!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @baby2dec14yayy awwwww hun... I hope u feel better.. You should really talk to your doctor if you feel fatigued...i was so dehydrated that I was only peeing once a day and out was very dark (which is a clear sign of dehydration)...i pray for healthy babies...
  • Yeah I pee probably 3 times a day but I have gotten up 3 times today once to put the DVD in the Xbox, another time to pee and to change the back in my puke bucket. I think it is time for a visit to the er! I will keep my fingers crossed for healthy babies! I just didn't want another high risk pregnancy :( darn! But better to have the doctors always on the lookout lol
  • @baby2dec14yayy y was ur first pregnancy high risk???
  • I was in the ER a week and a half ago for contractions I was too early for BH so I thought something was wrong....luckily they didn't pump it into me I drunk 3 32 ounce hospital mugs before I left....it can send u into premature labor and cause problems during delivery make sure u drink plenty of water especially if u are going to be preggo during the summer and u already have problems with dehydration...I hate water but love my son so I'm trying to drink more...though I still don't drink as much as they suggested even if u throw it up drink more
  • I had that from about 7 weeks until 14 weeks. It was miserable and ended up with an IV drip at home 24/7 and zofran pump. I didn't think it would ever end. I really hope yours goes away more quickly! Good Luck hun!!!
  • So heres my horror story , I am at 38 wks now and have been EXTREMLY sick the whole time andhave been in the hospital 4x for dehydration and once was there for 3 days!! But good.news is I have zofran and it REALLY helps with keeping down fluid! But if you think you are getting dehydrated GO IN! You are going to feel so much better these next couple days after they pumped you full of fluids :) zofran is a wonder drug but just so you know it doesn't gey rid of the upset stomach but it keeps you from vomiting so you can keep food down! Highly suggest the brat diet to keep food down (rice toast banana ) hope you feel better I know how miserable it can be!!!
  • @Maymommy2011 oh gosh....i really hope that this doesn't last my whole pregnancy...i know your glad your little miracle is almost here...and your right the Zofran is awesome but it doesn't take away the nausea...so although I haven't been throwing up I still don't have the urge to eat so I try to drink lots....my Dr had sent me in because I had lost 9 pounds in one week...so I'm really hoping for this relief from vomiting to last...good luck with your lil one :)
  • @jellybelly1015 awwwww hun...I'm so sorry to hear that but it's kinda relieving to know that I'm not going through this alone...i hope this doesnt last my whole first trimester although my doctor said it could...i wish you the best with your pregnancy and really do hope that things get better for you...and me...and all the ladies who are experiencing our same issues....GOOD LUCK :)
  • I went to hospital with cramps at 8weeks not knowing that I was dehydrated..... but only pumped for a couple of hours.... try eating ice
  • I feel your pain! I've missed work all week because of throwing up and being dehydrated. It was coming out both ends. I'm 9 weeks and had to go to the hospital twice this week.today is day 4 But I am feeling better. Just take things slow eat very small meals.
  • i've had lots of sickness but lucky for me, no vomiting.
  • @Smgibbs my oh my how I wish my BD could get the symptoms and I just carry the baby...lol...j/k but I wouldn't wish this sickness on anyone...it really sucks...but I'm glad to hear that your feeling better...with the Zofran I am able to hold down food and fluids...but I still try to take it easy with the solids...continue to feel better :)
  • Ginger ale. Anything with real ginger. Lemon water ice helps me. Good luck hopefully meds will work and you will stop suffering... good luck
  • @bumpgirl...thank you..i hope so as well....
  • In beginning i was nauseous all day long. It's slowly getting better
  • Mine getting a little better...i can actually keep SOME FOODS down without the meds...I'm hoping that it's getting better permanently...:)
  • It will esp once you get to your 2nd trimester