Problem sleeping

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Im really having difficulty sleeping, is it okay to take otc sleeping pills?

Comments

• I would not take anything that your doctor has not given the okay for......lots of things that pregnant women can't have.....call your doctor in the morning and tell them you are not sleeping well....
  • I agree wait to ask you doctor, better safe than sorry
  • I asked mine and she said tylenlol pm was ok once in a while but tell your doctor. Ps I took tylenlol pm last night and it had an opposite effect.
  • Unisom tablets are usually ok but ask first :)
  • My doc said.the blue unison with doxylamine succinate are perfectly safe to take. Plus they help with nausea and morning sickness!!
  • My obgyn put me on Ambien. I only take it on the nights I have to work.
  • I was having trouble sleeping too, but I lit a nice smelling candle, playing my fave music, and wrote all my troubling thoughts out in my journal before hitting the hay...and I actually slept pretty well, first time in weeks!!
    Maybe try some relaxing techniques, prior to medicating?
    Your call however, I'm trying to keep my whole pregnancy as natural as I can! If you choose meds, Id check with the doctor first.
    Good luck! I hate being sleep deprived, I get very very crabby! lol :X
  • I have the same issue with sleeping, its like I can't get comfortable, plus I like sleeping on my back but am trying to break the habit. Look up natural ways to help sleep. Like a lotion, sound maker, or just relax.