sleeping with baby in bed???

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Did or will anyone ever or will have there new born sleep in the same bed as urself? Im terrified ...my mom keeps tellin me i should if i cant affrd a crib

Comments

• I wouldnt do it, I did and my daughter ended up rollingon her side and smacked the floor,, she was ok but it was horrible,had bruses and I cryed for a week over it an she was In pain,,i had a queen size bed also but didnt work,,if u cant get a crib, a basanet is alot cheeper or a bouncy chair works just as well if u cant afford a crib, but if u have a kmart where u live there haviing a big sale on baby stuff and u can put it on layaway an pay alil over a long time,they had some for 70 bucks also try once apon a child,,there cheap in price, and so local churches can help ,,also get a news paper an look for yard sales,,,,,,,hope this helps
  • @MrsLaMaster aw thanks so much for the advice n help j will deff look into that!!
  • Ur welcome, im on baby #2 and im all about saving money if I can cus babys are not cheap and im not workin at the moment so everything helps
  • Yeah even tho I had a crib my daughter prefered 2 sleep n her car seat my son slept n a bassinet. Also they like sleeping in a swing 2.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Both my kids did i just.pushed my bed.against the wall so they didnt roll off..also u.can buy a.baby safe guard ...its like a blanket u put the baby in the middle an it has to big bumps so.the.can roll.and u will feel if u roll on it in ur sleep
  • If you can't afford a brand new crib, try a secondhand store. We have one here called Other Mother's and they sell all kinds of secondhand (and in gently used condition) maternity and baby stuff. Co-sleeping has been proven to be dangerous (I'm not a supporter of it or against it, just stating the facts I've read about it so ladies please don't bite my head off for saying this) and there are many risk associated with it. The bassinett idea was good but if you want something that's going to last awhile get a good pack and play. It'll grow with baby and best of all its portable.
  • Noooo.. my son slept with me and he also rolled off the bed onto the tile floor! I woke up to a screaming baby.. from then on he slept in his bassinet thing... my dad bought me one of those pack 'n play things at walmart for $80 I still have it now and my son is 5! I liked it bc it has a little changing side and you can raise the cushion where they sleep up and when baby gets bigger you can put it down, also has a mobile :).. we were short on money so I could only get that
  • I used a bassinet for the first two months then my son went to the crib. I got my bassinet for 30 dollars at a resale store in KY while visiting a friend. It was exactly what I was searching for! Cosleeping is a personal choice. My husband napped with my son from birth til a year. I sometimes fell asleep nursing but for the most part he slept in the crib or bassinet. There is the risk of rolling onto the baby, smothering the baby with pillows or blankets..etc. look it up online to be more informed to make a decision
  • Have you tried looking for a 2nd hand crib? You would rather be safe then sorry. And my son slept with me til he was almost 4! Either me or my husband had to sleep at the foot of the bed. It was horrible.
  • My baby is not going to sleep with me..maybe once inna while but I don't wanna start that habit. My little brother is ten years old and still won't sleep by himself. I haven't read any of the comments above but if u don't have the money to buy a crib..what about a bassenet until money can be saved? Or u can even pick one up on craigslist and buy a new mattress...there's ways to make it work :)
  • edited February 2011
    No No no! Its known that SIDS most often happens when babies sleep in the bed! Anything can suffocate them! Get an arms reach co-sleeper, they are amazing, and under $150. Or just get a pack and play if you can't afford a crib.
  • I have 4 sons and they all slept in the bed with me. Im not really a heavy sleeper when it somes to sleeping with my baby in the bed. My last two sons are twins and one night I let them sleep in the crib together and my oldest twin died from sids. he was 3 months 9 days old. I'm pregnant now and I know what the statistics say, I'm also a nurse but this baby will be sleeping safely beside me! Or else I won't be sleeping!
  • If you contact your local WIC office they should be able direct you to some kind of "pregnancy aide" place, that's actually the name of the one here, but they will give you things at no cost if they have them available. I've donated many a things there. As for co-sleeping, my daughter slept with me most of the time and still does sometimes (she's 2 now), she had a crib and her own big girl bed but sometimes just wants to sleep with mommy, I think its great and I wake up to every move she makes, some ppl may not appreciate that but for me I like it cause then I know she's safe. Its better then sneaking into her room several times a night cause I get so paranoid.
  • I had a crib, and a bassinet, but as a newborn my daughter ended up sleeping beside me. There was no chance of her falling off the bed or me rolling over onto her. I was very aware that she was there. I recommend you save for a crib, or any other of the options the ladies listed above by the time your baby is a little older bc then they will start to roll around. But for the first month it would probably be ok. My opinion. Good luck!
  • I admit I have in the past, but I refuse with this one. After seeing so many stories on the news, and working in a hospital and seeing how less fortunate people who really just wanted theier bby to sleep in a bed
  • Oops, lol r treated if a accident does accure, I can imagine being accused of intentionally hurting your bby when you really ddnt is the worst feeling. But I had a childhood friend who's parents took a dresser drawer , cleaned it out and lined it well, and bby slept there beside their bed for a couple months or so. I would suggest tht before sleeping with bby. For me its was so hard not to. I can remember accidently falling asleep with bby on my chest, or lying beside me, my youngest is 7, call me a chicken cause I don't think tht will happen this time, at least I pray it doesn't,
  • Also try good will for cheap cribs or even yard sales. Just disenfect it b4 u put ur baby in it :)
  • I never had my son in the bed with me as a newborn but as he got older and woke up before 5am I'd let him cuddle for a few hours....bad idea! He's almost 3 now and comes in my room every morning wanting to get in my bed. I've tried prizes and bribes to keep him in his bed, but its hard. If u can't afford a crib, get a pack-n-play. Once their in the habit of sleeping with u, they won't want to stop.
  • Too many bad things can happen if you put ur baby in your bed. Ask family and friends to put a money pool together to help pay for a crib or pack and play for your baby.
  • I always wake up in the same position I fell asleep in... I wish I could do this when the baby is born, but my bf kicks rolls pushes etc... :(
  • Thanks guys for ur help just wanted to kno but i had the pack n play in mind anyway
  • This is my first baby an as much as I want her to sleep with my I kno its a bad idea I sleep crazy an do dose my bf she will be in the crib or bassinet plus I don't want her to get use to it