best friend asked me why....

edited February 2011 in July 2011
One of my best friends asked me why I didn't choose her for the godmother. I was a little thrown off guard by this. She was wanting to help with the baby shower but now that she knows I chose another friend she doesn't want to help. Was she out of line for asking me this and putting me on the spot? Any advice??

Comments

• Clearly she feels offended..maybe she thought yall were closer friends? Still no right to get mad. Hm idk
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh my. I don't believe she was wrong in asking, but her lack of support when she didn't get her way shows that you probably made the right choice. Calmly explain, but maybe some distance will be good for the friendship.
  • She asked if we were as close as she thought. Which we ARE and I love her like she is family but she's just not the right choice for godmother. I feel bad in a way but I don't think she should get mad. And@KE10 I think ur right. I am glad she was honest and asked me but im feeling hurt by her not wanting to help with the shower. She was going to help with games and setting up, and favors etc. Something a friend would do...not like I was asking her for money! Maybe it goes to show I did make the right decision?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @cbr_girrlie I think you did the right thing and Congrats with the baby
  • Thanks mama_Kat. You're right! She just doesn't make the best decisions in life and that doesn't mean I love her any less but it just wasn't right for the baby! I have a friend who has great morals, who is very supportive of me and who has been there for me and I feel she would be there for my baby. Hopefully my friend will forgive me and help with the shower...if not...then I guess its the way it has to be
  • Thanks sweet mama!
  • Lol my sister and best friend both cracked it wanting to be god mother and I'm Christian so no godmother needed lol. My sis got to be birthing partner and my daughter got my best friends middle name.. just give her something really important to do like help pick babys outfit to wear home or something like that :)
  • Thank u mummy to be