?? About being induced?? 2 days over EDD!!

edited May 2011 in Third Trimester
Well @ 12:00 I will be 2 days over my edd!! Do u think my doc will induce me? Should I ask?? I do not have any pain or sign of labour or nothing. Getting worried

Comments

• You can ask if you want. (s)he can only say yes or no. They normally won't let you go over 2 weeks past your due date which sucks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Check out some of the statistics on induction. It's not always the safest option. U might be ready but ur baby prob isn't. There r things u can try at home, like sex, walking, massage, accupunture, accupressure, red raspberry leaf tea, hot relaxing baths, and lots of sleep. Remember an EDD is exactly that; an estimate. Ur baby releases a hormone to trigger labor when its lungs r ready to breathe. Unless he or she is under stress, which ur doc will monitor closely, research shows induction is not the best idea. Good luck & take care.
  • It shouldn't be a problem at all to ask hun. I wouldng see them having a problem with it. I was induced with my first, it was the best experience! I loved it! Don't let anyone scare you. Its YOUR body hun :) nothing wrong with asking :) good luck and congrats!
  • @MommyOfTwoPrincesses I was not trying to scare anyone, just encouraging her to EDUCATE herself before making a major decision that could cause serious side effects. Like ANY other choice we r faced with, esp l&d, there r potential consequences and the statistics dont lie. Plus, 2 days OD is not a big deal.
  • edited May 2011
    @BabyRosalee hun I wasn't saying at all you were trying to scare her....sorry if you took it the wrong way but I wasn't talking about you or anyone else on here. :) I was giving her my opinion.
  • I wa induced a week after my daughter wa suppoe to be born. I had no complications and my daughter is completely healthy. I am being induced with this pregnancy at 39 weeks but only because of medical problems.
  • Nenes been banned so I dontthink she'll be reading your responses...
  • @PrayingForMiracles didn't even realize that was who the poster was. Lol
  • Lol... just thought I'd let y'all know! :)