inactive baby

edited May 2011 in July 2011
I'm about 30 weeks pregnant and I feel the baby is just getting less and less active. I know that happens toward the end, but do u think this early its normal? I have to be lying down to feel him, and even then, the kicks are so light. During the day I am non stop running around, trying to keep up with my toddler, so, I don't even think about it much. Does anyone else have a very inactive baby living inside them?

Comments

• U shud contact ur Dr. If u cannot feel ur baby kick 6 times ina hr u need to get monitored ASAP. That what my OB/GYN told me. I'm 33 weeks along, and he is as active as ever. My son is noting but a busy body.
  • I'm 30weeks today and the last 2 days my baby boys movements have slowed down quite a bit i still feel him moving about, its more shuffling and shifting about then proper big kicks, I just thought he was running out of room in there and thats why. Is that normal?
  • edited May 2011
    Im 38 wks and my baby has barely started to slow down a bit. My ob said that they should move 10 times every 2 hours. If you're ever concerned go get monitored that's why they're there
  • I have been forcing myself to make time to do the movement test. As long as I have chocolate before hand he moves. I just don't want to eat chocolate all day! Welllll, I do want to, but trying not to gain too much this pregnancy!
  • I've heard to drink ice water and lay on your side then count movements! I'm sure everything is fine mama!
  • I'm 34 weeks and my baby girls movements have slowed down a lot too. Drinking water and lying on your side is supposed to help because if the baby is sleeping, the water wakes them up and then they'll readjust themselves. She moves a lot when I eat chocolate too! lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.