First appointment next wed

Sooooo nervous. I will be 12weeks then... What do they do for your first appointment? :-??

Comments

• Take a lot of blood! Make sure u eat something. They can check to listen for the heart beat. They also ask a lot about ur medical history
  • @ExcitedNewMom ahhhhh take blooood! Ohhh no I cant stand needles:( great im even more scared now!how much blood is a lot of blood?
  • Lmao im sry! I didnt mean to scare u lol its really not that bad. Jus a few tubes for testing n im deathly afraid of needles but it doesnt hurt at all i promise. Jus make sure u eat so u wont feel dizzy after. O n they will also take a urine sample from u
  • I will try and not to be to scared! Im just so nervous!
  • Theres nothing to be nervous about sweety! All that stuff is normal for them to do. I was nervous but wen i actually was there i wished it was over lol they jus asked about my medical history n took blood and urine. Is ur childs father going to go with u?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Depending on her age @richjen24 bcuz if ur under 21 they dnt have to do it
  • Yes he is coming with thank god haha and im 22 so they prob will!
  • O yea so then they will. N great that hes going with u, u will be fine. Lol u guys might be bored depending on how long the wait is. Me n my bf were there for about 3-4 hrs so make sure u dnt have anything to do that will have u on a tight schedule
  • Really that looong ahhhhh! Why did it take so long?
  • Well idk if urs will be that long. But it was pretty busy that day so i had to wait to be called. Then saw the nurse for urine n wait. Then had to wait to be called for blood. Then had to wait to be called to see my midwife n then had to wait for another appt to be made. Plus they gave me a ppd n filled out my wic papers
  • You'll get blood drawn, a pap, a ton of paperwork to do, and possibly an ultrasound. I think I was at mine for about 2 hours.
  • Oh no! My bf has an appointment at 3 my appointment is at 12:15!
  • Whats a ppd?
  • Maybe u will be out by the time his appt comes! A ppd is an impant they put into ur arm n have u come back the next day to check out. Its supposed to tell if u will contract TB. *forgive me if im wrong* but they put it in ur arm n if it disappears ur good but if it swells i guess u have to get a shot
  • I just had mine yesterday! I freaked myself out for nothing! Yes they draw blood and do a urine sample. They also do a pap and check your uterous!! And the heartbeats the best part :)
  • Im excited about the heartbeat! I have had a tb test before. Ahhh still nervous!