First appointment

edited May 2011 in First Trimester
I go in tomorrow for my first appointment to confirm my pregnancy. I'm 4 weeks exactly today. Most people I know haven't gone in so early so I'm wondering if any of you have and what should I expect? Is it too early for an u/s?

Comments

• I went in that early. They just draw blood and give you information on what to expect during your pregnancy with appointments and whatnot. They might do a pelvic exam. But they don't do ultrasounds until 6-8 wks
  • I'm 5 weeks. Just found out yesterday. I go for my first intake tomorrow. I can't wait till they can do an ultrasound. They say the baby is as big as a grain of rice right now lol. Crazy.
  • edited May 2011
    I went in yesterday for my first prenatal appt & i am 4 weeks pregnant. They did a complete physical: pelvic exam, blood work, urine test, & just gave me packets of information on wht to expect during pregnancy. Like how kayleigh mentioned above.
  • Congrats to all you new mommies
    At my first app i did have an us but i was 8 wks meaning youll get one next app most likely also they take blood, urine, pap smear and give you samples of prenatals and make sure you get a list of questions to ask at your apps.. its easier then calling everyday lol..