Im giving up...

edited May 2011 in Third Trimester
On being paranoid about my weight. It has bothered me that I have gained 25 lbs (29 weeks)and have tried to not eat to bad and still gained. But I am officially giving up, salad isn't keeping me full...think I may just do what all the moms have told me to do, enjoy being pregnant.(not that I will be dipping candy bars in ice cream but you know what I mean) anyone else feeling the same?

Comments

• Enjoy what u want atleast we all have an excuse;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Enjoy it! I was stressing about it bcz i gained 30lbs already n im only 26wks. My cuzin only gained abt 11 with hers. But ever since my bf said it doesnt even look like i gained 10lbs i stopped worrying
  • I'm almost 33w gained 27lbs. I say eat away, keep it 80% healthy lol
  • I have gained with this baby but did with previous pregnancies... I think your doing great tho, keep up the good work and only pig our every so often.
  • @bwhite55019 yeah, I just want to stop worrying about it when I can't work out or diet. @lil_buggie_3 yeah def. My mom did the candy bar in frosting thing, I won't do that bad I love my ice cream :-P. @excitednewmom yeah this one woman was like I only gained 13 with my pregnancy...made me feel like Shit. But yeah ill deal with the extra fluff when I get that zumba game :)
  • O gosh i hate women like that! Everyone is not the same so who cares wat she gained? as long as ur doctor says ur healthy forget wat everyone else says. As i said my lil cuzin only gained 11 lbs the entire time so i hear shit frm my family all the time abt how huge i am compared to her n that she didnt look like this til she was full term. U kno wat i say to them? I dnt give a flying fuk. Sry for the vulgarity but it makes me feel better lol
  • @jaime77 yeah I'm still going to eat healthy, I don't want to become a whale but I'm going to drive myself nuts lol
  • @excitednewmom I would tell them according to the baby books and midwife 25 pounds is the min. They want you to gain. So being small isn't any better. And we are on a good pace I think :)
  • @9_2011 yeah salad does nothing for me now lol
  • @lil_buggie_3 I think I'm going to start getting on the doctors scale backwards lol
  • Exactly! My family is so judgemental n they always compared us. Idk y bcuz she is yunger than me but i could care less. Im sort of a rebel in my family so they kno i will flip them off in a heartbeat. As long as ur doc thinks ur fine dnt stress it girl. This is something u should enjoy, dnt let anyone make u feel bad or take away ur joy
  • That's not bad... u could be like me n be 34 weeks but only gained 10 pounds... now my doc thinks I'm not eating and my lil one is malnurished n underweight n will be induced at 37 weeks bc I'm not giving her enough nutrients. I feel like I've failed as a mother when I constantly eat
  • My mom said she gained fifty pounds when she was pregnant with my brother. He was 11 lbs and 22 inches. I'm now terrified lol. Thinking ill have a large baby and be as big as a whale. Ugh. I lost thirty pounds before I had this "condition" lol so I should be in the clear
  • Is it bad that i have not gained any weight since being pregnant i will be 22 weeks tomorrow....i actually lost a pound?!
  • She didn't have any ultrasound she was sure she was having twins
  • my dad makes comments.. we were at the store and he (jokingly) puts a whole bunch of slim fast in the shopping cart and i asked him is this for after i have the baby? and he says no why dont you start now. then at my baby shower i ate around 3pm (i ate a piece of lasagna and that was it) everyone else had 2nds and ate cake but i didnt (i didnt like the cake they got) and i got hungry again at 7pm and he says omg ur eating again.. i got so sick of his comments that i told him that maybe he should get on a diet. and im 34 weeks ive gained 17lbs.. i don't think ive gained too much weight and neither does my doctor.. like i can do anything about my weight right now anyway
  • Omg. I would give him an ear full but I don't know your dad. What kind of person criticizes a pregnant women so close to her due date. I would've flipped on him.
  • 17 lbs. I gained more for no reason at all. you are healthy and that's good amount of weight to put on. don't let his mean comments bother you
  • I'm in the process of giving up on caring. I'll be pushing baby in his badass purple jogging stroller and wrapped up in his rainbow leopard print blanket this winter. I'll shed my baby weight then and I'm also hoping he'll just suck the fat out thru my boobs. Pizza, Alfredo, and burritos baby!
  • Im 12 weeks and already showing. Never did with my others but my diets better now plus im getting older. Just focus on a healthy lifestyle for u and ur baby right .that's all that really matters! And remember we all love u no matter what size u are! :*
  • @excitednewmom we may have a lot in common, I am the rebel too. Lol
  • @christiansmom that's awful of them to say, some people don't gain weight as easy as others.
  • @bumpgirl I was afraid of that. My mom gained 100 lbs with me, I was 9 lbs 11 oz and the same with my sister she was 10 lbs 08 oz. But everyone says I'm still small considering I'm 29 weeks. Let's hope we both have 7lbs lol
  • @chels I did that. The Dr was like I don't know how you did it. It's hard to do but something as different as shoes, material of pants anything. But I was 28 weeks lol.
  • @bebita86 that's awful and totally something my dad would do jokingly. My fiancee did the "your eating again" thing thhe other day lol
  • i felt the same but got a sudden change of mind. i'm gonna get fat so i may as well get over it and eat ;) healthly though and put in the hard yards after birth
  • @victoriab I'm hoping to lose it all too, I'm defiantly breast feeding to help