just found out...only 5 weeks in...is a baby really in there anxiety

edited January 2011 in September 2011
I keep thinking maybe none of this is real and im having a hard time with the "phantom baby" anxiety...any ideas on how to put my mind at ease?¿?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The only thing that will change that is hearing the heartbeat or seeing the ultrasound. I'm sure everything is fine. But I felt the same way.
  • Lol I feel the same way its like r u sure there is a bby in here its like hard to belive
  • Well maybe I can help. I'm 26 weeks pregnant. When I first found out I was in a state of shock! I didn't talk to anyone or anything. It does get easier! I promise you will feel different once you hear the heartbeating.
  • Agreed I didnt believe it was a baby in there until I got my ultrasound, I didnt have any symptoms really, I got sick once, so it was really hard for me to believe, im like and ur sure im pregnant? Well im 20 weeks and I am indeed pregnant. It will get better I promise
  • thnx so much...ive taken 6 at home tests and had bloodwork confirming it so I know its there...it just all feels so fake right now. my first appointment isnt until valentines day so I need to relax...a month to go before I even see a dr...seems like an eternity!
  • This is my second but I know how you feel. Just try to relax and keep calm and take good care of yourself for now. Once you hear that heartbeat it will sink in. Good luck!
  • When i had my 1st Dr visit I was devasted!! After 10yrs and to start ALL over was the hardest part. I lost it when Dr confirmed I was preggo. My husband was in shock for quite awhile. No im 18wks and excited to.meet my lil angel...
  • I feel the same way...im just now at six weeks and the positive feelings definitely outweigh my fears. the anxiety has decreased a little and I am confident that everything will go just fine. thanks for the support ladies!
  • Hi everyone dis is my 1st baby 2 mc b4 dis one im nerve..but exticed too..im bout 5 weeks..n im a lil shock cus I dont have no symtons..but im glad I read everyones story makes me feel alot better
  • I feel you on the waiting game! How can they make us wait til Feb?! Lol I'm so excited to be pregnant but I'm so nervous that its not true. I was due for my period yesterday and it didn't come. I thought I'd be relaxed, nope! Ughh! We'll all get through it!!
  • I am 5 weeks preggers and scared to death....my first visit is feb 7....any advice for when I eat my food sits in my throat
  • Congrats to all mommies! I'm 7 weeks only sore boobs and the food also sits on my throat when I eat other juss normal I'm also nervous of jus imagining everything I see my bf he so happy he hugs me and kisses me all the time but it feels so unreal and I have my first appointment on the 21 and I'm scared what if I'm not I took 2 home pregnancy test and dat same day I went to the doctors all of them positive. =/
  • Im 5 weeks and so nervous doc confimed pregnancy on my birthday :-) already have beautiful boy whos 3 and had a missed misscarriage nearly 2 yr ago. Have sore boobs, slight cramping and feelin sick alot. Cant wait to have 1st scan but midwives app nt til 21st feb (earliest app thy had) wil b 11 weeks when get to see midwife so nt gna b till around 13-14 weeks that get 1st scan:-( jst wana c babys heartbeat and get the result I want at 1st scan x
  • I can't wait to see my babies heart beat...this is my first and I am so excited..although I have been very uncomfortable with cramps...no sore boobs (not to bad anyways)...oh and constipation is my friend now :(
  • Has anyone had any spotting when @ 5 weeks 4 days?
  • Has anyone had any spotting when @ 5 weeks 4 days?
  • I havnt had spotting but I have read its quite normal in early pregnancy. My friend spotted during her pregnancy and she and baby was fine. X
  • Just found out that I'm 5 weeks and wow is it nerve racking....I totally understand that its real after taking 3 test but it sure don't feel like it. Maybe it will help when we tell people.
  • I took test 13th jan then went to docs and they done test. Then went bk docs 14th jan and thy done anotha test with 1st urine of day and positive again. Was great birthday present :-) ive only told partner and best friend. Was hoping to keep quiet till after 1st ultrasound bt doubt I will be able to hide it tht long only 5 weeks bt already ive gone up bra size and jeans r gettin tight and wont be getting my 1st ultrasound till around 13 weeks :-( x