Nasty Taste

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
What could it possibly mean if I have a metallic taste in my mouth?

Comments

• Prenatals will definately do that, because of the iron in them. Here lately, I've been having a real bad taste in my mouth, but it isn't metallic. I'm bringing it up to my doc tomorrow.
  • @BabyMcBride8_27 I take Flinestone funny vitamins and iron pills. So it could possibly be the iron pills?
  • I'm almost positive that's what's causing it. Iron pills/vitamins with iron in them have a side effect of a metallic taste in your mouth. I had it really bad in my first trimester, but I guess it leveled out.
  • That was one of my first pregnancy signs...could not wash the taste away no matter what I did. How many weeks are you?
  • @BabyMcBride8_27 thanks a lot and ill definitely mention it to my doctor next week.
  • @Babynewyear2012 I'm 35 weeks. I've never had this taste before up until 1hr ago and I didn't eat nor drink anything.
  • I would vote on vitamins being the reason. Never made 35 weeks before so not sure.
  • @Babynewyear2012 with my son 2yrs ago I took regular prenatals and I was fine. I've been taking these kid vitamins for about 6 months and the iron pills for 2 months. Hopefully they can tell me what it is because this taste is driving me. Ugh