Once high risk always high risk?

edited May 2011 in Health
So I had my doctor complete the health certification for my employer for FMLA. I was surprised that his notes said "high risk pregnancy". So far I have had no complications. I am 31 wks + 1 day. I've only gained 12 lbs, which is good since I started out a little heavy. My last pregnancy was completely healthy. I did have preeclampsia with my first.

I am definitely gonna ask about it at my next appointment, but I was hoping for some feedback from other mommas.

Comments

• Thats weird... maybe in some way it works out better for you.. or maybe it is true once high risk always high risk. I thought it went by what the situation the caused you to be high risk from previous to now... idk
  • I think you're high risk because of your previous pre-eclampsia
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate and @kritten_octoberbby - that's what I thought. Thank you for responding! I am definitely going to ask about it at my next visit.
  • Im considered high risk due to my blood pressure as well. I heard if you have it with one pregnancy there is always a chance you'll have it with every pregnancy
  • I asked my doc the same thing.. he said that complications like that will usually happen again so you're considered high risk and it gives the employer a sort of heads up. If something were to happen again.
  • edited May 2011
    @kayleigh27 & @baby2dec14yayy - I guess that makes sense. He may have just been covering all the bases so we wouldn't have to go through this process again should I develop preeclampsia later. That makes me feel a little better. Thanks ladies!
  • No problem like I said I was freaked out about possibly being high risk again too but they just told ne that they keep a closer eye on you if you were before just to make sure but if there is no reason to treat you as high risk they wont. Best of luck! We all have to think happy thoughts that none of us are high risk :)