They wont pay me!!!!

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I got a call today from fmla and they said that my job is protected but they wont pay me :(

Arent we supposed to get paid 4 weeks before our due date and 6 after? Any working moms out there??? Please help!!!

Comments

• Only the 6 weeks after, as far as I know, and I only got paid because I had short term disability insurance.
  • My hubby gets fmla leave and he has to take his vacation pay to get paid, when I was working that's what I was supposed to do as well but im now a stay at home mommy. I think fmla keeps and covers your job but they don't cover your maternity pay.
  • Yeah fmla only helps guarantee your return to your job, it doesn't pay out maternity leave.
  • Ok :( I thought otherwise...
    Thanks mommies!
  • It depends on what state you live in and your employer. In CA, we get 4 weeks before the baby's born and 6 weeks after the baby's born paid through pregnancy disability leave. Then we get an additional 6 weeks for Paid Family Leave for a total of 16 weeks or 4 months.
  • My husband has to take his vacation days to get paid but his job is safe under fmla.
  • @csamcharlie: they told me that the 4 weeks prior is not paid. I live in CA. They said that my pay will start after my delivery :(

My due date is on 28th of may...my disability started april 30th...but im not getting paid bec its just a normal pregnancy, like no complications etc...