We want to get married but...

edited May 2011 in October 2011
He is an illegal immigrant :( I know its possible to marry him I just don't know where to go or how to go about everything... I have two friends who have married illegal from Mexico and what not I live in NJ if you can help please comment or if you know immigration lawyers I can tall to for free advice?

Comments

• How long has he been here? My husband was fortunate enough to win the visa lottery but we have several friends that got married for different reasons
  • Does he have a visa, or valid stamp on his passport? I had a nieghbor from holland who was able to marry his gf.
  • Have you called courthouse to ask what you all need to marry? Here he didn't need proof of LEGAL residency, jus some kind of i.d. and proof that he lived here...
  • When I got married in vegas at city hall, they didnt ask me for my green card. Im still not a us citizen. Then we went to the chapel n had a ceremony. Im legally his wife n have a marriage certificate.
  • He has a Mexican passport with only one stamp for entering Mexico he has been in us since he was 14 almost 8 years and got a passport at the Mexican embassy and flew back to Mexico but has since entered illegally again...
  • My ex didn't even have that... He used a Mexican ID and some mail that had his name on that proved he lived in the county..