(HELP ASAP)hubby might join the navy..

edited May 2011 in Military moms
I need help me and my hubby just had our baby on 04/25 and now all of a sudden he wants to join the NAVY... I don't want him to join because I know I wouldn't be able to cope with the loneliness and let me tell you this we are both 19 years old.. idk if he feels like with this bad economy he won't be able to get us anywhere in life, but I feel like everything deserves time... and he never ones mentioned that he wanted to join some sort of army until now... so its not like its in his heart to want to do this, but more because of the benefits we will get.
Those of you who have hubbys out there how is it? And how were you able to go through loneliness?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My advice is to make sure he looks into any of the jobs he wants to do he doesn't want to get doing something hell hate. My husband has been in for 4 yrs and so far only had one deployment it was hard but he loves what he does. It all depends on what he does on what his deployments will be. From my experience the navy has been great I don't like the docs though so if he does join do tricare standard then you can see any doc you want. Oh im annoyed that we've been in the same place since he joined I wanted to travel. Also the hardest part for me was bootcamp they don't have their shit together and its rlly hard to talk to each other but it does get better
  • Overall im very proud of him and what he does you do have to be very strong for this life but its definitly worth it.
  • I just feel like I don't have an open heart at all for this.. Im proud you two ladies and everyone else out there.. but I'm scared of the loneliness we've never ever been apart... I don't think I'm strong enough.. to make it all worse he wants to talk about it tonight. But all I've been doing is crying and he hasn't made a decision yet..
  • You'll never know how strong you are until being strong is all you have. My brother and brother in law are marines. My uncle is a seal. My best friends hubby is USMC too. It's a different life but you should be proud of him for wanting to take care of you any way he can. This is an honorable and respectable way for him to take care of his family. It's no doubt hard but it's something to be proud of!
  • edited May 2011
    My husband is nuclear engineer in the navy....the loneliness sucks but its well worth it. I'm very proud of my husband and wouldnt pick any other career.

It takes you being supportive and encouraging and pretty much managing the rest of the household
  • I know I feel like I have to be supportive or else later in life he will
    Hold this against me. I'll see how it goes tonight.
  • Thank you yall for everything in a way I feel better. I will try my best to work this out.
  • Why the navy? U gotta think of what branch gives the best benefits for u and ur new family..... Im army national guard and my husband is active.. does he have fsmily that was in the navy? @mommy18esme
  • Hey! I keep getting tagged lol.

I never thought I could handle being a miilitary girlfriend, let alone becoming a military wife. But when you love someone you'll support them in anything they do, & you'll get through it no matter how tough it can be at times. My husband had mentioned joining the military a couple months into our relationship, & he asked me my opinions & I told him he should consider a different career because I was scared of everything the militray brings. Well, only a couple months later he told me he had signed up & he'd be leaving for bootcamp sometime in the near future. Of course by then I was madly in love with him & told him if that's what he really wanted i'd stick by his side through it all. 2weeks before he was suppossed to leave, I found out I was pregnant. It was tough going through my pregnancy all on my own, but I refuse to look back & give up. We live together & everything is great now! Bootcamp & possible deployment are the toughest parts, but we all get through it! :)