couldnt find hb @ 8w4d using fetal doppler

edited May 2011 in First Trimester
I rented a fetal doppler @ bellybeats.com it arrived today and I couldn't find the heartbeat of my baby...I am kinda worried I must admit ! Pls advice or any insgiht please .my doc doesn't want me to go for ultrasound till am 10weeks ...and I just couldn't wait that long yay !

Comments

• Its very difficult to hear it that early. Usually can only be see by ultrasound
  • dont worry those are actually made to detect hb after11 wks same thing happend to me at the dr office turned out my die date was offf i was only 8 wks.. not to mention i have a tilted uterus so that also played a part . hope this helps
  • due date
  • With home doplers you usually won't hear anything til 12 wks or more. I hate to say for your purposes you kinda wasted your money.
  • When I found the heartbeat that early it was way down pretty much to my pelvic bone and off to the right of my belly button. Took forever to find so don't get scared if u can't find it yet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks everyone and yeah I remember that I do have a titled uterus and as for the waste , I think it will all be worth it though once I find it soon :) I will wait a bit more then :)
  • Yeah its still to early to hear. I know your excited but still have a few weeks to go.
  • I know..am way too excited ! ! !
  • The doctor tried to find my daughters heart beat at 17 weeks n couldnt find it but when she did the us I saw it. Those things scare me lol
  • I was told not to use those until six months pregnant..ur just way too early and baby is way to small.
  • Everything I have read about those it said not to buy it. Because thats usually what happends and you just worry yourself. You are still too early to hear the heartbeat. I'm sure everything is ok dont worry