low iron

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I have low iron so the prescribed pills for me but they make me sick ..has anyone else had this experience or maybe its a bad side effect n I should call..

Comments

• Hmm how many are you taking a day?
  • I have low iron, have u tried slow fe they sell it at walmart
  • That happen to me to they wuld make me throw up... so they switched me to some other ones...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I take prescribed ones along with my prenatals. There's store brand ones that aren't so big, I'm sure it does the job as well. Or you can start eating more iron rich foods.
  • @ashely_smashely I'm taking two aday like my prescitctiion says to plus my prenatal vitamin
  • @Jcmommy mine r small two I just feel ugh when I take them ...I eat plenty of iron rich foods I don't know y I'm low with iron my doc thinks it from getting pregnant back to back but I don't know
  • You probably should bring it up to your doctor. I would just stop useing them until you talk to your doc on monday. I was taking them 3 times a day and it was to much for my stomach so I decreased it to twice a day and that worked for me. Your prenatal might have lots of iron to, which may just be putting your body over the limit.
  • @ashely_smashely. That's what I was thinking also she just put me on them wensday ..I don't know if my body hAs to get use to it or what...also. My baby been moving a lot more
  • My doc did tell me that it would take some time for my body to get used to them..but that was in reference to the constipation that is a side effect of the iron. Its not a life or death situation for taking the iron. I would just lay off it until monday, when you talk to your doc
  • @ashely_smashely oh I know I can't go boo boo I'm just worried its to much but I'm gna stop till monday n call n talk to my doc asap
  • My doctor told me I'm anemic so I have to take iron pills and my prenatal vitamins too.I hope there's no side effects
  • edited May 2011
    @pregomari that's what my doc told me to...o u will feel better in no tiime hahaha ugh no I feel like crap