Anyone Take 17p Shots??

edited May 2011 in High risk pregnancy
I Had My Son At 31 Weeks Two Years Ago. He Was My First. Now We Are Expecting #2 In Nov. My New OB Said She Would Recommend Me Going On 17p Shots But Didn't Even Give Me Any Info. Just Its Every Week From 16-36 Weeks!! I Have To Decide In One Week As I Am Coming Up On 15 Weeks. No One I Know Has Had Anything Like It. Does Anyone Have Any Info. Or Actual Experience With Them??

Comments

• I've never heard if them...sorry I'm no help
  • Iam pregnant with #2. I delivered my first @ 36 wks and also have a kidney disease. I am 20 wks today. The shots aren't pleasant, if they would let u try another form of first I would.
  • @kalasthename... Thank You So Much.. @ aaltamirano.. Are You Having Side Effects With Them?? Im Going To Call My Old OB For A Second Opinion I Guess. My New One Wasn't Much Help, Nor Did She Seem Too Informed. They Never Found A Reason For My Son Coming Out Early Either..
  • I find I am having increased back pain earlier, my boss who is a doctor says that I am total witch at times. And my feet, ankles and legs ate already swelling, however, one doctor thinks its my kidney disease, the other thinks its the shots. I have been able to tolerate them pretty well other than that.
  • Mine 1st son came on his own @ 36 wks and was 7lbs 9oz. Perfectly healthy. I was told then, 36 wks and after was ok. Now I guess they ate worried because most of the time u will deliver earlier with other pregnancies.
  • I have to start mines next week too. I nervous!
  • I am 26wks pregnant right now and I have been taking the 17p shots since I was 20wks! I had my last son at 32 wks and he was only 4lbs 4oz so I def. had to get these shots! I have had bad expierences so far! They give me heart palpations, make me lightheaded, the day I get the shot and the day after I feel like crap and am not myself! I dont like getting them but I have to sacrifice my comfort for my baby girl to be healthy and not pre term!!
  • I've been on the shots since 16 weeks. My biggest problem is the itching! Hydrocortizone does nothing. Lol. Take benedryl and sleep. :-)
  • Thank You All... Just Went For My 16wk And Now Waiting For Office To Call Me W/ How Much The Shots Cost And How They Will Bill My Ins. That Will Be The Decider I Guess.. My Ins. Might Not Cover Them...