Stokke, Mammas and Pappas, Buggaboo Stroller alternative??

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Initially I thought that getting a travel system would be the practical thing to do. After trying one out in the store I realized that they are just to bulky (especially for my petite frame). All the strollers I really like (Stokke, Mammas and Pappas, Buggaboo) are $800 or more. That just seem like way to much to pay for a stroller. Keeping in mind thats its not even something ill use everyday. Im wondering if anyone knows of any alternatives to these stroller? I like the design of these but most importantly I like that theyre light weight and relatively compact.

I know there was a post on this a while back but I cant seem to find it now.

Comments

• I have no idea but I was also looking at a buggaboo its red and I really like that it can do so much. And its really kute.
  • @yaya They are cute and I love that they now come in so many more colors and patterns. I like the pink one and the black and white print one. I havent seen either for less than $800. I did see the red one for $600. It was the bugaboo frog edition.

Honestly, if I were someone who used public transportation or if I thought I was going to be using it on a daily basis I wouldnt think twice. I just cant justify spending that kind of money on something I would probably primarily use for trips to the mall or out for a stroll with the dog.
  • Not sure where you live but Buy Buy Baby has a large selection of upscale/luxury baby items and the most strollers I've seen at a baby store. If there is one close to you, you may want to check it out.
  • Yeah but I guess for me it doesn't matter because my man's mom is getting it for us. And I guess we live a little out of control. Lol
  • @cdswim I found out about that store from someone on this forum. Theres one about 1hr away. I had definitely planned on taking the the trip there to see what they have. I checked the website and I love that they have a lot of modern, artsy looking stuff (like high chairs) for good prices.

@Yaya We live the same way. My bf made me feel bad when he pointed out the fact that im making him buy a Gucci diaper bag but wont spend that much on stroller. It did make me re-evaluate my priorities a little but I figure ill be carrying that diaper bag everyday and so will he. I wont be using that stroller everyday. I told him if I find it or something similar for somewhere around $500 we're getting it.
  • Lmao at the Gucci diaper bag v. stroller discussion!!! :-j I'm with you, though. That bag will be worn out by the time baby is older. Stroller, probably not so much.
  • Yeah that's how I am. I already got a coach and Burberry one now all I need is my Louis vuitton and I'll be happy. And my man says the same thing. Like why do you need a lv diaper bag and I'm like I do have to carry it around everyday... duh! Lol. And he's obsessed with Lakers and Jordan's so that's what he buys.
  • wow im tryin to find one at a garage sale for 30 or less.....