hubby leaving for 8+ months...

ZumZum
edited May 2011 in Military moms
I'm due a Halloween, with first baby. Living on the west coast and all family is on easy coast....stressing pregnancy, delivery, and how I'll do emotionally. Been through several other deployments but these past few have been so close together and little time between

Comments

• Im on the same boat Im due Aug.30th he leaves early sept. =/ what are you having and when does he leave?
  • We find out on the 1st. He leaves in July ....what about u?
  • @Zum If it's easier, you could always go home while he's gone. I've heard of plenty of wives doing that when their hubbies deploy and I'm sure it would be easy to get Tricare switched to East instead of West. I know if my husband deployed, I would try to go home as I have no family and few dependable friends here and with home being 5000 miles away including an ocean, I couldn't just get in car and go home for help and I wouldn't want to go it alone.
  • I would love too, but we live off base and have have 2 dogs and 2 cat and now baby on the way....its soo much to move back home with family, I would love the help but haven't lived with someone else in so long. But now I'm starting to freak out about things a lil. Like delivery and what if she comes early. My mom and sister plan to come out...but that's as long as things go as planned. Finally the realization is setting in and I'm getting worried .....
  • @Zum I hope everything works out for you. Have you made any friends that could be there to help you? I know it's not always easy to make new friends, especially when you're saying goodbye all the time. We've been stationed in HI since Sept and I haven't befriended any of the wives. Tomorrow is my son's first soccer practice though, and my hubby is the coach, so maybe there is a friend in that group of moms. lol