hcg levels

edited May 2011 in First Trimester
Anyone have a blood test hcg levels come back low and there was an issue?

Comments

• I am 18wks and my hcg levels have been on the low side the whole time and my baby is developing just fine. It is the right weight and size and everything is looking wonderful.
  • Ok. I thought I was 5 weeks fetal 3 weeks and my hcg levels are saying fetal is 2. I hope everything stays ok. Thank you
  • They can vary so much, it's really hard to determine how far along you are with just hcg. Are they going to retest in 2 or 3 days? The most important thing is that the levels increase enough... usually they should double within 3 days, I think. If they're not planning to retest, you may want to ask them to, even if just for your peace of mind. ;) Congrats and good luck!
  • I have to go back in a week to be retested. I really hope that my levels go up... high enough that they will see me.
  • @ stillsurprised: do you remember what your levels were at 5 weeks? Mine is around 150
  • the first time they tested them was actually when I did the first trimester screen for the downs syndrome testing. I was 11wks. My first ob appt wasnt until 10wks, so I have no idea lol. They haven't been low enough to cause the drs any concern. My baby is right where it should be. At 17wks and 6days the baby was measuring 17wks and 3 days and 7oz, so everything is all good :) Hopefully yours will go up when they retest. Try not to worry too much :) >:D<
  • I just keep telling myself the baby is "a Otay". The doctor says not to be worried so I just need to keep telling myself that. I am praying a lot. Thank you for your support!