Post partum belts- Shrink hips, or just a crap product???

I was reading online bout these when i was browsing motherhood's site....I can't find any reviews. Supposedly if you wear it during the 8 weeks post partum it will work with the relaxin hormone to push your hips back together, so you fit your clothes faster....If it works I want to buy it ASAP so i don't miss the timeframe.

Anyone ever used one? Does it work? I would do anything to shrink myself after.

Comments

• There are reviews on babies r us
  • ok thanks. any thoughts? I never really heard of these!
  • After I had my daughter I wore SPANX almost every single day... and I'm telling you they WORKED WONDERS for my shrinking belly.. sometimes I would get really hot wearing them.. but I never took them off.. I'm sure that helped me get back to my prepreggo weight and helped my belly get tighter!
  • They apparently work. I am trying to decide between the hip one or stomach one LOL. Which one is more important.
  • I'm getting the belly bandit. It's pretty pricey but I could never get rid of that belly pooch after my first and since this baby is my last, I will figure its worth a try. I hear great things about it.
  • @jcmommy, I am having my last, and have a bad pooch from the oldest...no new pooch or stretch marks thank god. I already have muffin top issues cuz im so short...but i am going to buy it after reading those reviews on babies r us (Thanks @mom60511 )

I guess next questionis what brand. I use to work out with a belly polyurithane belt but i think i need this Shrinkx. Hubby said i can get it even if it only helps me mentally lol. @mom60511--- what is the belly one called? I may want that cuz im short and curvy.
  • I would guess that if you end up Csection the belly one would be the way to go. I would wear spanx or something if I got a Csection just so i could be comfy...its about that time to think about this!
  • Ooh just checked out the belly bandit...i want both lol...shoot. Ok will keep thinking on it....lol. I am super excited that there is SOMETHING non surgical to help. :D
  • Its called the belly bandit. Also on babies r us.
  • Does anyone know if you can wear both the shrink hips with the belly bandit? I am stressing because I have to be in my SIL wedding 1.5 months after the baby comes, and I need all the help I can get!
  • good question @ashley_smashley ....well i just read a ton of reviews on amazon about belly bandit, not sure if i should get that since I am sure it will roll off my muffin tops lol. I am short, so I dunno. Lotta people said you have to buy two of them. I guess when you think about the cost of surgery and gym membership, its really not that bad of an investment if they work....ugh. I hate to spend the money, but I also think I will regret if i don't. I think im more worried about my belly than hips...and if I have Csection.....i think the hip belt is a bad idea. Maybe you can wear the hip belt over the belly bandit, if your willing to be uncomfortable. I am sure ill sleep in both. (If i get any sleep :D) All I know is I have never tried either, so I think i will this time since I can afford to do something this time.