any tips...

edited May 2011 in Breastfeeding
On how to dry up milk? I do not produce enough to feed my baby and my nipples are too short to even latch on to :( now I need to dry up my milk supply and switch to formula :/

Comments

• Wrap them with an ace bandage.
  • I have heard u can put cabbage leaves inside ur bra and it helps to dry u up...
  • WOW good to know. Thanks for asking.
  • I used cabbage leafs and also wear 2 bras at the same time for support cause they will get BIG and HEAVY. Ugh. Good luck.
  • Do you still have to express milk? Or just stop?
  • You can just stop expressing milk and it will dry up..may I ask why you think you don't make enough to feed the baby? @Caiti5
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I @garagebandfan I have to pump BC of my nipples and get less than 1 oz every 2 hours. I've tried pumping more to help me produce more. I've tried drinking more fluids...and other trick ppl have told me...but she is never satisfied with my breast milk.
  • Cabbage leaves and I wore a bra plus two camis. They say to not let hot water on your breast either. Yes, I sponged bath for a few weeks. Haha just to be safe.
  • There is a natural herb called fenegreek that could help you produce milk in huge amounts, also they have things called nipple shields that could help with the latching on..just idea..... I had to use both those things with my first!!

Too dry up quickly make sure there is NO stimulation to your breasts at all! Any stimulation will make it think its the baby! Hope it helps and you get relief either way!
  • @garagebandfan she hates the nipple sheilds! Thanks very much for the suggestions...I have a pretty high pain tolerance so the huge swollen breasts aren't affecting me much so far.
  • Ya my daughter hated them too! Wasn't trying to be pushy just giving you tons of options! My boobs are growing like mad this time! Went from a b to a d in 10 weeks! Hate to see where I am at by 40 weeks! Im in agony anytime anything touches my chest so I know the pain well!
  • I heard and read that the more you feed the more milk you produce.
  • Thank you all! I'm letting it dry up tho...just found out a nipple is infected! :/
  • Ya my daughter hated them too! Wasn't trying to be pushy just giving you tons of options! My boobs are growing like mad this time! Went from a b to a d in 10 weeks! Hate to see where I am at by 40 weeks! Im in agony anytime anything touches my chest so I know the pain well!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm with HBA on this one; just express a little every day to relieve the pressure. They should dry up for the most part within a few days & you can leave them be after that. Your body will re-absorb what's left. :)