How often does this happen?! don't be rude, be an adult.

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
well ladies, how often does it happen where an email, txt or a written note is misinterpreted due to no emotional expression? Its amazing how things get misconstrued or even offensive when there was no intention of such in what is being read. As we learn professionally, any written communication should be made direct and without extensive gibberish so that things don't get out of context. So why can't we get along here? So many people get defensive, and usually the defensive ones are the guilty ones...lol

Comments

• I agree.. Sometimes reading words without verbally listening to the speaker, gets a riot started. I'm sad to see so many woman argue, or leave pregly.
  • well were hormonal pregos all in the same forum... disagreements are bound to happen ;-)
  • geez you took the thought directly out of my head! 8-|
  • not much.. for me.. i figure i dont know anyone here so if im unclear.. ill ask agian.. whats up.. lol
  • I wasn't at all offended in the other thread... Just letting you know :)
  • @jenzoe1 oh no no not connected lol...i was just wondering. sometimes people do get offended and it's silly you know. i know were all pregnant lol but common y get all heated over something.

sometimes i see a good discussion and someone out of nowhere gets flustered and i just dont comment to avoid drama. just read it over and answer appropriately. wouldnt it avoid all this ?
  • XD that happened to me recently. When I was 15, my dad called me a fat ass. I'm hurt even to this day by that comment. My hubby sent me a text like "if you want food why don't you walk your ass to the store". I cried and got really angry. After not getting a reply, he called and said he didn't mean it in a hurtful way and he was sorry it sounded mean to me. Stuff like that happens all the time.
  • I hate when I text someone and they are like why are you mad? You sound mad...um ok how does a text sound mad? If I was mad I would TEXT LIKE THIS SO YOU WOULD KNOW I WOULD BE YELLING IF WE WERE SPEAKING! Lol people are funny
  • @VictoriaB that happens to me all the time. hubby mumbles over the phone so we txt and we get into it all the time, so we end up just ending it and discussing at home...hes sensitive lol
  • Lol I know right. We have the little Smileys but they only help so much. That's why we can't take things personal.
  • i tend to be a very sarcastic person and usually a smile is better than mean words, usually pisses ppl off more lol. stronger meaning and ppl usually dont have a comeback
  • A few weeks ago, I was watching 3D ultrasounds on youtube to get an idea of what they were like. Well, under the video I was watching, a few people commented, so out of curiosity, I started reading them. One girl was explaining how she had more than 6 abortions due to abnormalities, one being cleft palate/lip. She went on to explain that she couldn't raise a child that didn't look normal, and she didn't want something like that growing inside her. Someone asked her what if the ultrasounds were wrong, and nothing was wrong with the child she aborted. She replied, better safe than sorry. Her life isn't any of my business, but it kind of upset me since I have a relative who was born with cleft palate. 2 days after she was born, they did a corrective surgery on her, and now she lives as a normal 6 year old would. She doesn't talk or eat any different, and I don't even think she notices anything to do with it. I, personally, declined the genetic testing, because in my eyes a baby is a baby, if they have special needs or not. I'm definately pro choice, and I understand that some couples and single parents aren't able to care for a child like that.
  • What the..? I clicked on a different post, but it pulled this one up. Okay? Sorry about that! :/
  • @BabyMcBride8_27 haha thats ok. good response though