in law drama

edited May 2011 in May 2011
So im due to have a c section this Saturday. So my in laws want to come after my c section 'for a few minutes' just to see the baby real quick while im being wheeled to recovery. Which im fine with. But then they want to leave for a couple of hours and come back to visit more. Which I kinda don't mind but I would like to have some time with just my baby and husband because it is our first child. But it will be his parents, brother (14), sister (17), and other sister with her husband with their two kids- ages 3 and 15 months. I don't mind it since they are the closest family around. But I (and neither does my husband) don't want to deal with having all those people plus the little kids running around while im recovering from my surgery and wanting to be with my new baby. Not to mention I kinda don't want my baby around the germs little kids carry around... My husband and I don't want to upset anyone but we don't want to be annoyed when we should be happy.

Anyone have any advice for what I should do?

Comments

• ask them nicely if they can come back the next day so yall can have yalls time together and u can do a little recovery before dealing with everything.. i dont think it would be rude.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There's probably an age limit for the kids coming into the room....at the hospital I was at, no one age 13 and under could come onto the l&d floor....if there isn't an age limit, just talk to the nurse and ask her to let them know you don't want the kids in there.....our families came in right after I got out of surgery with my first, and I was still drugged up going in and out of it.....I've talked to my husband about no one coming in the room this time until I'm "out of it".
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies :">