I'm engaged!!!!

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
He did it last night! I came home a bit early from work and he wasn't here so I text him and he said he stepped out a moment. When he came home he told me he had to make a personal phone call and not to come into the bedroom. I was sitting at my desk and he comes out of the bedroom dressed in a suit and gets down on one knee!!! I almost fell off my chair. He has been working on paying off the ring for months now (prior to pregnancy) i'm still in shock!! I have the man of my dreams and expecting a baby I can't ask for more...ok maybe a healthy baby! :-D

Comments

• Congrats sweetie!!!!
  • Congratulations!!!
    did he get you a pretty ring? :)
  • Lol being the control freak I am yes, I designed it myself! Emerald cut center stone on a pavé setting...white gold. Simple but beautiful!
  • Thanks ladies!!!
  • Omg that's so exciting!!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for u I needed some good news today
  • Congratulations, sounds lovely!!
  • Sounds so pretty! I had dropped not so subtle hints to my husband the ring I loved. He acted like it wasn't a big deal, then he surprised me with my engagement ring on my 24th birthday. Same with my wedding band, surprised me with it on Valentines Day 2yrs ago, then we got married a few months later. I have a white gold 3 stone princess cut engagement ring, my wedding band is white gold round diamonds alternating with blue sapphires that are princess cut.
  • Congrates honey!!! Ur very lucky
  • Thank u...@mrsdelrae sapphire is my birth stone and I love it!! Sounds gorgeous!! Bling bling!
  • Mine is topaz, I am November. Sapphire is so beautiful! You must be very loved that he got you what you wanted & worked to pay it off :) sounds like you got a keeper!
  • @dajanescabral I am very lucky...def kissed a few frogs to find my prince but it was all worth it! I am blessed!
  • Congrats :)
  • He tells me everyday I am the most beautiful girl in the world. Ugh words just cannot explain the love, admiration and respect I have for him...truly an amazing man!
  • My birthday is November too but I hate my birth stone lol wat a sweet guy ur lucky!
  • Oooo that's too sweet....u gonna make me cry
  • I have been with my hubby for 6yrs, married for 2yrs. He still gives me butterflies, when he calls or texts I get giddy. We still joke around, people tell us we're disgusting with our affection & I simply fall more in love with him every single day :) took me a few frogs too, I am so glad I am not single at my age, too much trouble. Don't have the energy like I did when I was young.
  • Im so happy for u congrats mama
  • That is so exciting! Cool! Now try this...i told my husband that it's customary to give a diamond cockatail ring for the first anniversary. He said he was pretty sure the gift is paper but I lied and said they changed it. I know he knew I was lying but he got me another ring anyway.
  • Congratulations!!
  • Hahahhahahaha @blueberrysmom that's hysterical! He would absolutely believe me too cuz he doesn't have a clue about that stuff!
  • congrats!
  • Awwww!! Congrats that is so exciting!! You and him are both lucky to have each other and a baby on the way!
  • We know and are very grateful!!!! Truly blessed!
  • My partner asked me with a little ruby ring as its my birth stone.. He then surprised me christmas with a brilliant cut diamond on a platinum band :)
  • edited May 2011
    Ohmygod he changed into a suit? I love it. that is so cute. That's my fav part of your story. My guy NEVER dresses up at all. He still wears carpenter cut jeans because they are "practical" and he can fit his wallet and cell phone in the pockets.

When i see him in his "good jeans" as he calls them (not carpenter! Ha.. he has only 1 pair) and a collared shirt it makes my heart skip a beat.
  • @maggie I feel for u...when I met my him I told him everything that needed to go in his wardrobe and he was more than fine with it...good thing cuz if not I would have cut them up anyway lol!!!

Thank you to all of the well wishers!!
  • Woot Woot!! That is AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you! This is so exciting! Not only a baby but now let the wedding planning begin! So much fun! I love it that he put a suit on....tell him that was perfect! He sounds like a great guy....good for you! It's so much fun when you're not expecting it too :)
    So, I am super happy for you! Enjoy all these exciting times in your life! When are you due?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congratulations! That is wonderful!