Mil kalled my idea stupid!!! grrrr (vent)

edited May 2011 in Baby showers
Im a huge hello kitty fan I evn hve her tattooed on my leg. Ok so i wnted to do Hello Kitty theme 4 my shower she flat out says thts so stupid its nt gonna work let's do Noah's Ark.. Wtf lady ths is my baby & my shower grrr so i politely say uhm no i dnt like tht im really in love wit the hello kitty theme so she says ok wat if its a boy thn wat so i tell her again i went to the party america & they have hello kitty for baby boys (yes they do i was really excited) & tht it would be fine he doesnt kare he or she isnt evn born yet so she goes well i dnt kare thts so dumb we're doin Noah's Ark. Wat the hell so f*ck me rite!?!? My wants dnt matter & hubby does Absolutely NOTHING!!!!!! So i get mad & say im so glad im having your baby since watever.you want appearntly goes Im.done with you today she gets upset & says i offended her starts kryn & leaves I didnt kare she dnt thnk she offended me?? Ugh anybody else hve a Mother In Law from Hell tht thnks your baby is hers???

Comments

• Hate all my inlaws my mil always tells me what I should b doing n doesn't listen to me when I tell her what to not do/ give to my children... she underminds me constantly! I stay away!
  • My mother in law loves me but when it comes to that, ah I will tell it to her like it is. She was rude to you. You should do like a blue hello kitty or yellow :) your choice hun!
  • That's why no one had any input about my baby shower. Told them if they didn't like it they didn't have to come.
  • Lol... I'm sorry. I'm looking at a fight about my nursery w my mom!! I told her we are doing something "different" and she went off saying "no, it has to be pastels for a baby"... ummm no it doesn't and ill do it how I want! Tell her to back off and do it yourself!! Good luck!!
  • I want to i love it she jus makes it sooo difficult for us to get along bcus she feels she had to hve everything her way & tht is nt gonna happen she even goes as fars as to kall & say i was jus kalling to kno how my new baby is doin doesnt ask how im doing or nothing
  • Im trying to stay respectful bt she has 1 mote time to tell me how to do sumthin im gonna flip tha script
  • How frustrating! It amazes me that she us saying how you offended her but her lack of consideration your thoughts and ideas isnt offensive to you. People got nerve. Stick with your hello kitty theme sounds really cute. If she don't like it oh well..
  • @PrayingForMiracles
    ugggh I hate pastels!!!
    @Supermom405
    OMG I lovvve Hello Kitty!! I was sad when I found out I was having a boy because I have a huge collection of Hello Kitty and babies sharing a room with me for now. But hes definatly a he so im doing bright colored vintage robots .....Honestly you should tell her you just don't find Noah's Arc appealing .Its your baby!!
  • You never know what a kids is gonna like. My 21 year old nephew loves pink and hello kitty. His gf thinks he's silly
  • @angieface me too!! Plus its not our style at all and she knows that!! Its going to be bright and a music theme w guitars and stuff. I've already found the wall decals for it. Just have to decide the colors bc we want to do it before we know what we r having!! So :p to her. :)
  • Yeah my mil is the same way..she got mad when she found out we were pregnant cause she has been trying herself. Its so ridiculous. I'm sorry but, this is MY baby. She can stfu. Its crazy how people think they can tell you how to live your life when a baby is thrown in there. My mil went as far as to tell me that she was going to be in the delivery room when I have my baby..she is trippin!
  • I love love hello kitty. I drew up my own hello kitty tattoo but decided to save the $. I even found crib bedding (in having a girl) but only available online and someone Is buying my bedding...boo. go with what you want!
  • My daughters room is hello kitty theme. Its awesome!
  • mine loves me.. i think more than her own son.. jk.. lol.. but sometimes she can be insensitive.. is she throwing the party? and is that why shes trying to be controling..
  • @angieface I really dnt like the noah ark its jus not kute but I offended her psh! @menemami my thought exactly
    @lae3 she was supposed to help not take over
  • i say throw ur own baby shower if she wants to be like that ( i love hk too i have a tattoo of her too)
  • Awesome! I never knew so many women loved hellokitty :)
  • I like hello Kitty. Have u seen the nursery set? So cute.
  • Yes I looked online @ everything and thts 1 of tbe reasons y.i wouldn't mind hving another girl
  • Your MIL is the stupid one! Your baby, your shower, and Hello Kitty is the best!
  • just stay amendment about your idea,
  • I will thank you ladies for your advice I really love ths pregly fam :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol me too bt I will she jus has to understand im tha moma
  • Yup stand your ground now once baby comes it will only get worse if you do not.