NT Scan today

And I am starting to get nervous and I don't know what to expect...

Comments

• Don't be scared. It's just blood work & u/s
  • @marriedwith_4 I did the blood work already its just that I was looking on google cause I wanted to see if it was common to find the sex so early (I'm being impatient) and I started reading all these people stories that got bad news....and I can't help but be nervous now
  • Don't be, really its ok! I go back for my second part in June. A lot of the time the test r inaccurate n they get u all worked up for nothin. Oh, the main thing is STOP GOOGLING ! If u really wanna know just ask ur doc. I think I'm ahead of u by a couple of weeks ( with twins ) so feel free to ask away
  • @marriedwith_4 lesson learned no more google! Cause now I can't keep me mind from wondering...
  • Google is only good if you know to take it w a grain of salt.

I didn't do the second half of the NT scan. It doesn't matter to me. So, I dont know how to help just that the chances of you having a baby w any type of DS is very slim. So, don't stress yourself out.
  • I went today too. Its natural to worry but I have a good feeling about it. I usually tend to go with my gut instead of letting my mind think for me. Goodluck and keep us posted. My doc said I should get a call either way in a week.
  • Dnt google. Google is junk!! Trust me. Google said I had to get an abortion after a scan I asked the dr and she was like wtf not true. Google scares ppl! It be ok :)
  • I agree google jus scares ppl, I wudnt advise to look on there tbh, im only 5wks jus so nervous wana get past the 12wk stage then itl put my mind at ease =/
  • @marriedwith_4 @mommyof4girls @novmom2be @anadoll92 @kylie20
    Just thought I would update we got great results today, we heard two healthy heart beats, the babies were moving a lot (can't wait to feel) and I am finally putting on some weight :)
  • Wonderful !
  • @Twinmamatobe
    Thats wonderful! Hoping the best for you! And @marriedwith_4!!!
  • Congrats mams :) wish u the best for u and the baby
  • edited May 2011
    @TwinMamaToBe, @Mommyof4girls. I'm having twins as well. I'm 10+2 and due December 8th. Was wondering what an NT scan is and should I have heard my babys heartbeats when they did an internal u/s on me @ 9+6?
  • edited May 2011
  • Twinmamatobe: that's great hun! A good way to start your weekend :)
  • @novmom2be yes it was a great way to start the weekend!

@cateyez79 Congrats on your twins! The NT scan is to screen for ds or other problems with the baby or to determine if further testing is necessary. This was also the first time we heard the heartbeat, what did your dr say about your u/s?
  • @TwinMamaToBe. Thank you so much. Very excited about my babies. The u/s was because my hcg levels were so high he wanted to check if I had multiples. I saw two beautiful little moving bodies in my tummy and he printed out the u/s so I could have it for my baby book. He didn't say much else. Said one was 9 and the other was 9.5 and everything looked good then the nurse took my blood and said it was to test for STDs and diseases and Id have my next visit in a month. I think I may be getting my NT scan at the next appt or the one after cuz the nurse did say they had to test for DS and other abnormalities for my next tests. Whenever they will be... how far along were you when you heard your babies heartbeats? I'm new to this so I don't know what to expect.
  • Yay all you twin mommies! I'm so excited for y'all. Take it easy and enjoy your double blessings. I know @marriedwith_4 wants blue dust so she can add some boys to her girls ;-) , what are you other ladies hoping for @twinmama
  • Yes yes yes @tishj330 I'm trynna have faith. June will b here n no time ( so I try to convince myself )

I can give u ladies plenty of pink dust but I don't share blue @twinmamatobe & @cateyez79
    U will be able to hear hb with the doppler around 12wks I believe they don't wanna confuse urs with baby
  • @marriedwith_4, lol stingy with the blue dust LMAO! :-D
  • @TishJ330, @marriedwith_4. Thank you so much for the congrats and well wishes. I would love blue dust but twins was so far removed from both my bd and my immediate family that neither one memtioned the heritage until doc said I was having twins. I'm also the only one in my immediate family with somewhat fair skin for an african american and hazel eyes. So I've been an anomaly since birth. I was even a breech baby which hasn't happened to anyone in either of our immediate families. And both sets of twins in our respective extended families were girls so I'm expecting pink dust. In any case, happy healthy babies are all I care about. Thanks for letting me know that 12wks is the mile marker for my babies hb's. I'll be about 13/14wks at my next OB appt so I'll be biting my nails in anticipation until then. Lol
  • @cateyez79 We didn't hear their heartbeats till this last visit.

@tishj330 the twins are our first, so we just want them to be healthy, but I can't wait to find out. Do you know what your having?

@marriedwith_4 I'll share blue dust with ya!
  • @twinmamatobe, nope not a clue lol. I'm only 12 weeks, so I'm on the same page as you guys and just want a healthy baby. But I think hubby wants a boy lol.
  • @twinmamatobe I heard the HB @ 6 weeks & strong
  • @TwinMamaToBe, @TishJ330, @marriedwith_4. Now I'm really looking forward to my next OB appt so I can hear their precious hb's. Is the NT Scan how you find out the sex of the babies too? If not, when is that testing supposed to happen?
  • @cateyez79 dr said for me it was still a lil to early, which means it may not be accurate. As excited as I am to find out I wanna be sure so my next u/s is @18 weeks hopefully then but I wanna say 20 weeks seems to be the common mark for most moms give or take a few weeks and if the baby or babies co-operate
  • @TwinMamaToBe. Thanks so much. This has been a lifesaver. Its funny how you can be at the docs and he asks if you have any ?s and you sit there like a deer in headlights (well me anyway) then as soon as you leave you have a bajillion questions. I already called and harrassed the nurse twice since my last visit barely a week ago. Glad you guys are here to ask instead so they don't start hating me or blocking my phone calls. Lol Can't wait til 20wks!
  • @cateyez79 lol I am the same way, but I started a list in my phone when something comes to me I'll add it to the list and then ask her when I go to me appointment...and don't worry I felt the same way too with calling