Baby shower...when to?

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
This is my second pregnancy, and with my first I was in europe where they dont throw baby showers so i really want to have one for my second. When is the best time to throw a baby shower, like around how many weeks?

Comments

• I've never had one either but I think around 7 months is perfect, you never know how early baby can come AND you will still have time to shop for stuff you didn't get before the baby is due. I feel like if you have it at 8 months you are going to be rushed to finish buying what you need.
  • I'm having mine wen I'm 33w... hope its not too late.. I juss realized!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ExcitedForOctober i thought about that as well but since i never been to a baby shower or even close to one i had no idea.

do you ladies have any ideas on how to even start planning one. if i do a registry what items should and shouldnt i put on there...im hoping for lots n lots of diapers and wipes lol, im thinking long term benefits :)
  • My mom has my planned excactly a month before my due dat
  • I'll be 32 weeks when I have mine. The first thing I did was book the place where I'm having mine at. As for your registry, put the things that you may want or need.
  • You can google what to register for. Diapers are usually given in abundance. I never had to register for them. I had plenty. Google a list and then make your own list and just go aisle by aisle at the store and pick what you would like. Theres no right or wrong way. Just some suggestions. Good luck its fun!!!
  • is it something that i can do at home? i mean i would have more than plenty of space...
  • @Mommyof4girls good idea, didnt think of that. thanx
  • I had mine for my son at 30 weeks. It was right on the summer so I had it at a park. It was co-ed and we had carne asada, fresh fruit and a baby piñata! It was fun! What I did was on the invitations I put down that there was going to be a raffle and to enter the raffle they had to bring a pack of diapers and that would get them a ticket. The price was a $20 dll Starbucks giftcard and it worked! I had over 30 packages of diapers!!! I think I'm going to do the same for this pregnancy. Make sure when you register, you ask for different size clothes you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of new born clothes! They grow them out in just a few weeks! Well good luck =)
  • @mommy_yaya omg that sounds like such a cute idea! im due december so i have to calculate this...yet again im in cali so wont make much difference. i like the park setting is a great idea. i remember with my first, all i had for him for the first couple months were those body shirts and he grew quick.

I guess i have a lot to do...gonna get the general stuff down and then when i find out what were having ill add the clothes n stuff. im soooo excited!
  • Im on #4. I hear you should only have 1 babyshower in a life Time but I always have one for each of my kids and its normally right after I find out the sex of the baby lol...
  • I like to have my babyshowers at Peter piper lol.
  • Havin mine at 32 weeks
  • I'm having mine at 36 weeks.
  • edited May 2011
    I had mine at 33 weeks because I live out of town & went home for the day. I'm glad I did It when I did because at 35 weeks I could not travel over an hour or more. Plus it took me about a week to get things put up in the nursery!!
  • At 8 monthss I think its good :)
  • Omg am I doing mine too late??... in due Aug 24th.... was gonna have it in July but there's already a bday party and another shower in my family.... but June is too soon so I decided beginning of Aug.... ill be having a scheduled c section and was told to pick a day in mid Aug...what to do....lol!
  • @Btrflyqt85 I'm in san diego what part of California are you from?!? Yeah, I waited to do my gift registry until I knew the sex of the baby... get it all done at once =)
  • I don't want a shower. Everyone keep trynna force me to have one cuz my youngest is 7 n they say its been to long. I really think somebody is gonna try to do a surprise shower
  • I'm doing it at 7 months. That way I can take inventory of what I still need. That gives me a good 6-8 weeks of over analyzing how prepared we are :D
  • @mommy_yaya im in fresno... im too inpatient to wait and do it all at once lol...plus i want a girl and were convinced its going to be.
  • I will be 33 weeks on baby shower at the end of the month. I think its a great time for a baby shower =)