dyeing hair while pregnant?!

edited January 2011 in Health
I want to get my hair done I want highlights but I'm not really sure cause I heard its bad for the baby to dye your hair while pregnant but some people told me its not bad after the first tri. What Do You Guy Know About this?

Comments

• I've heard highlights r better than all over colorcuz foils prevent from touching scalp
  • You can get your hair done, but you must make sure you are in a well-ventilated area while its being done. If its not too cold in your area, have your stylist open a window near you and point a fan in your direction so you don't inhale fumes from the dye.
  • edited January 2011
    Get foils. Its fine as long as the dye isn't directly on your scalp, bc your pores will suck it up
  • Its fine! I have with all 3 of mine. Some say wait till ur in ur 2nd trimester tho.
  • I'm a hair stylist and I have always told my clients that as long as the color/product doesn't touch your scalp it is not entering your body. I would d
  • I dyed my hair w/my 1st preg. Just make sure u r in a well ventilated area.
  • Totally fine. Do what ever you want with your hair. The smell is going to be the worst thing for you and that's only if it makes u sick. Nausea is the worst of of worries. I'm a formor hairdresser and its one thing I learned in school 2 yrs ago. One of the main points what how products have changed so much in the past 20 years and I went to school 2 years go and products have drasticly changed even since. Plus ur hair is made of dead cells and what's aborbed into it won't affect you or baby at all. Buttt some products you let sit on ur scalp can be another story. Even then, cosmetics that sit on ur scalp are so gentle ud have to apply the product every day a few times aday for long periods of time to cause any kind of slight birth defect.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.