English Mastiff

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I have a 1 year old Mastiff named Leonides. I can't wait for my first baby to meet this baby. Anyone else have dogs?check out this precious picture if u click next you can see more http://sneakpeeks.typepad.com/photos/mastiffs_with_children/friendship_007.html

Comments

• I have a 13 1/2 year old pit I've had since I was pregnant with my oldest-theyre actually 6 months apart lol bur I looove mastiffs. I want a boerboel but they're super dominant so I'm waiting till the kids are all a bit older. Yours is gorgeous :)
  • I have 2 labs, Gabe and Patrick. I am not sure how they are going to react when we bring home our baby. They know something is up though because they are VERY protective of me and they are always trying to get attention from my husband. I think they know that once the baby comes home, they are not going to be getting much attention!
  • Dogs are so sensitive ...well mine is I love that they will automatically become protective over an infant! Wow what's a boerboel?? Ill have to Google that!
  • I have an english mastiff who is almost 9 and I have had him since he was 10 weeks old. He is by far the BEST dog I have ever had and has tolerated my kids using him as a jungle gym.
  • Labs are so great!
  • I have a 1 1/2 year old bullmastif and a 6week old pit my mastiff is great with the kids and very protective of them I know he won't mind the baby and I'm sure the pit wool be great as well
  • I have 3 dogs lol a 8 year old lab Sheri Pei mix jake, a 7 year old chiauhaua spike, and a 3 year old husky Ada.... they are alot of fun think they will all get along great with the baby
  • Your dog is so cute! I love dogs. :X
  • Aww how is he at age nine?? Did he really calm down after age 3? My puppy is so clumsy and still likes to become rambunctious at times.
  • Aww, those pics are so cute! I have a 3 yr old shepherd mix... not really sure what he's mixed with, but he and my 2 year old love each other! They are so sweet together and my dog just lets my son do whatever he wants... ride the dog like a horse? Sure, kid, hop on. ;)
  • @kshoeirlan its a south african mastiff..I've been researching the breed on and off for about 6 years cuz it hard to wade thru all the "natural guardian great family dog" crap everybody puts on their websites for $$
  • The one in the picture is not mine I have a brindled but he is just as adorable!
  • He honestly was never really hyper. My mom has one who is a little hyper but he is kept in a kennel which mine is always inside. The only way you can tell he is old is bc his black mask around his mouth is turning grey. My 4 year old climbs on him, sleeps with him and tolerates anything he does to him.
  • i have a half lab half pit and he is a big baby he is one week ahead of me in age and that is the only way i can keep up with it lol he is very protective of me even though i repetitively throw him out of the bed at night because he takes up too much room
  • Wow a boerboel definitely looks like its breed MASSIVE muscles! !! I understand they are more aggressive but still seems like a great dog to have when the kids are older.
  • That's why I'm waiting for the kids to be older lol now that there's another on the way the time is pushed back more so ill have to "settle" for something else in-between because even though I hate to think about it Duchess wont live forever and I can't remember a time I didn't have a dog!
  • Aww grey face!! Mine still gets pimples lol first dog I've owned with acne.
  • I have an olde english bulldogge and my 10 month old hugs her and kisses her and climbs all over her
  • Lol well go for an English lol jk you will your boerboel. In time.
  • We have a 4 year old pug. :) she is amazing!!!
  • That is so precious I cant wait for my huge puppy and baby to get along like all of you ladies babies and doggies! So sweet!
  • @kshoeirlan. I don't have a doggy but I love mastiffs!! My husband would be terrified of them though because they are so big. My daughter's favorite word right now is doggy and he keeps telling her we aren't getting a doggy ;)
  • I have a almost 1 year old blue pit, he is such a baby. I also have a teacup chiuahua, he is my little baby, well until my bug gets here. Im worried he will be jealous of the baby.
  • @blissmarie23 aw! I think your husband needs to see a mastiff in action show him those adorable pictures he might think about it :-D
  • @emmalee7 are the tea cups aggressive? I know they are tiny but movies make them seem jealous!
  • Noooo, he isnt mean at all. Lol I mean he is most definatly the boss of the pit tho. He is so cute and an awesome dog.
  • We have a 5yr old Bullmastiff/Rott mix Brock, (he lives w/ my inlaws now cuz we live in an apt) he is the size of a small horse! Looks like the meanest dog in the world but thinks & acts like the tiniest lap dog! He is so protective of the kids though. When we brought our son over to visit nana & papa nobody would let him near Brayden & all he wanted to do was smell him & learn his scent & just check him out. Well after a few visits he still couldn't get close to him so while we were downstairs Brock took Brayden's snowsuit, blanket & bottle one item at a time & put them outside on the porch!! When we realized what he did we couldn't stop laughing. Papa finally let Brock sniff Brayden & since then the 2 of them have been inseperable.
  • That's awesome glad he is not aggressive my fiance has two other dogs and leonides loves to dominate in such a playful way. Ithink he knows no one could ever beat him.
  • Awwwwwww! He's even cuter... Btw, you're gorgeous!