Avas daddy is going to float away!!!

edited May 2011 in USA moms
They are opening the Morganza spillway today in south Louisiana to prevent flooding in New Orleans. This will flood the rural areas instead. The father of my newborn and his family are right in the path of flooding waters. They will lose everything!! He will not leave and come stay with me. Im worried sick about him and his family. Please pray for their safety.

Comments

• I live in south louisiana as well and the news has been talking about the flood constantly. Its supposed to hit us next week.
    I think its ridiculous the only option to save nola once again is to damage other small outlying areas.
    Is your BD around Morgan City?
  • Hey girl, havent heard from you... How is bby doing?
    Im peayn for your them. My sis stays in Baton Rouge, wondering if theyll get evacuated? Do u know?
  • I dont think baton rouge has to worry if they dont have levees and are well above sea level. Its the areas that live in a 'fishbowl'as we like to refer to it, that are protected in most cases by levees, that may flood. @betty
  • If the crest of the water from the river reaches above those levees
  • @BayouMamma he lives northeast of morgan city in Belle Rose. @betty I read that the west side of baton rouge may be affected.
  • @betty Ava is doing great. she's gaining weight every day. hopefully they will start feeding her with bottle next week. im hoping she will be home in the next couple of weeks.
  • Im glad to hear bby is doing good! Keep strong momma...
  • Their supposedly not going to open the Morganza Spillway if the crest level on the river drops, which it has been since they opened the Bonnie Carrie Spillway. At least that's what I'm hearing. I live on the Westbank of New Orleans.
  • Just heard they're opening Morganza @ 3pm today! They were supposed to give @ least a 24 hr notice...I'm grateful not to be in any danger but I have family w/ homes as well as hunting/fishing camps who will lose everything:( I'm in Lafayette by the way! I just talked to my friend who is in the Nat'l Guard & he's on his way back from evacuating Angola Prison...They are packing up & on their way back...Guess there's nothing else to do but pray now!
  • Your little babys adorable!! Soo happy the 2of you are doing well!
  • They just opened the Morganza:(