So scared of giving birth

edited February 2011 in July 2011
Im not due until july but..... I'm so scared of labor.... How does it really feel..? I can't imagine passing a baby out oof my lil whole :O ...... And what if I have to get a c section... I watched the video online and o my my my

Comments

• I am with u I'm due March 4th and I am terrified of the pain and I had the same thought running thru my mind how does that come out of........ .. omgosh so nervous!!
  • I am 37 weeks and having my 3rd boy. Labor is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, plus when you get to hold your baby for the first time you forget the pain and feel nothing but pride in the what you have done! Epidurals make labor a breeze! :)
  • I definitely was thinking about a epidural! !!!! But scared of needles but I guess a needle is better then other pain u might go thru lol
  • Epidurals r great!lol tje pain is bad but so worth it .
  • Yea but what if I get a contraction while im getting the needle and get paralyzed
  • Its really not that bad unless you go into back labor then you'll be in pain and need meds fast.
  • They stop if ur having a contraction so dont worry .n it is amazing I found after the epidural I was
  • Natural is good, but if it's not for you the epidural is very low risk. Don't get me wrong, there is still risk. however, they are very low and make labor less stressful. P.s. Compared to contractions the epidural is a finger poke. Be tough and at least try it
    Without, everyones body reacts to labor differently. You might not find it so bad.
  • When I was pregnant with my daughter I was terrified to give birth. After i had her i couldn't believe how scared I was over nothing. And I did it without any epidural or meds.
  • I'm really looking forward to labor again, I had such a good experience last time.. Part of it is scary because you know there is a certain level of pain involved but in all honesty... the exact second that the baby comes out all of the pain stops, its almost weird how it ends so abruptly..
  • When I was preg with first I was terrified of labor but even more scared of needles. So I learned as much as I could soak up and the more I knew the more confident I felt I could do it and do it my way. I say the best thing to do if ur scared is to educate yourself and take charge of your labor, being prepared for the decisions ull be faced with gives u the power to make the best choices for u & baby.
  • I have.5 weeks or less and im getting very nervous. I also seen a c section video and later my sister told me not to watch it. Oops lol.
  • Im due in july.. Honestly Im not scared cuz I knw I will have my mother by my side ;;) .. She is amazing and I knw she will have most faith in me and guide me through it all!
  • @abby_july2001 me too n the babies father but Thts not going tu get me through the pain... I'm scared of long labor...or getting the shoulders stuck. I really want tu go natural I just pray to God that I can
  • One word. Terrified! X_X
  • Omgg im duee mayy 29 ndd im nt scaredd at all im veryy tinyy butt im definatlyy goinn for the drugs. (: im nt ashamedd to sayy that I knt handlee painn ndd I need that shot.!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • With my first I wasnt scared til I started labor. The docs an nurses made mistakes an just weren't doing a good job. But I live in a small town so that's easy to come by. They're just collecting pay checks. My second would have gone by great but was. 5 1/2 weeks early so they had to fly me to a hospital with a nic unit. Since they didn't want to risk me having hat in the hellicoptor they dosed my with magnesium. My contractions wouldn't start back up so they dosed me with potocin. Otherwise I would have gone no pain killers. 1sr baby got spinal. That only lasted an hour an a half. Hurt so bad when it wore off cause I wasn't even near pushing yet. I don't recommend spinal. For second I was in labor for 27 hours or I would have used nothing since I handled the first after it wore off. But I caved an git the epidural. Which I loved compared to spinal. They wait til right after a contraction before starting it. The nurse helps tuck you forward an sort of prepares to pin you in case one starts when they are in. Don't left that scare you though. Its just for your safety. The needle hurts but not so bad. I had a much better actual delivery the second time. This time I will fight against them dosing me with anything cause I believe it's alot smoother to get through with not assistance. The potocin make the contractions so much worse but had given in cause they were I guess a smart choice. Im just worried this baby is gonna be much bigger.