Maternity & After Birth Photos... Vent.... *UPDATE AT BOTTOM*

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I am sooo sad.... :( I REALLY want to take maternity & after birth photos with this one particular photographer! She is one of the best in the DMV area, she does belly art & is very creative however her packages are TOO expensive... For maternity alone its $400 & for the maternity & afterbirth package its $700... im really sad but WHO CAN REALLY AFFORD THIS? :-W

*SUPER EXCITED* I TALKED THE LADY DOWN TO $150 FOR MATERNITY PHOTOS! YAY IM GETTING WHAT I WANT ;)

Comments

• That sucks that you cant afford it. unfortunately good photographers charge $300 and up just for sitting fees usually. I always say you get what you pay for!
  • Why don't you do it on your own? Have someone with a good cam take pix. Get a nice backdrop ...maybe a plain pastel colored sheet. And research online for poses & how to snap your own shots. Cheaper & I bet its not to hard to do.
  • Wow, I'd rather spend the money on the baby. I'm sure there is someone just as good out there who is much more affordable.
  • wow. im going to do my own baby pictures when shes born! and we are only going to get pro pictures done for xmas!
  • fabric works great for backdrops
  • Damn! That's a lot

Ur having a baby, who can spend that money. They need a maternity special. Lol
  • The girl who did my wedding is AMAZING and my WEDDING was only 500! She gave us a discount package for maternity/newborn that was 125!
  • You should look on facebook and see if there is anyone else in your area. I am not sure where DMV is, but a few of my friends are amatuer photographers, but VERY good. Look for local people on facebook and sometimes they will have deals for new customers.
  • Try Sears...I'm glad my dad is a photographer cause the one I wanted to do my pic charges 350 n I'm srry its no way in hell I'm paying that fo
  • Maybe look for new photographers who would be willing to do your photos free or at a low cost in exchange for including them in their portfolio. I've heard of up and coming photographers doing this for weddings, so I'm sure there would be some who would do the same for belly/afterbirth photos. Good luck!
  • @ashley-smashley i can afford it & i kno u get wat u pay for but the lady just rose her prices recently & $700 is a bit ridiculous :( i wud rather spend it on the baby...
    @one5one yea thats a good idea my mom suggested that too lol
    @carrielee yea imma do somemore research i just love her belly art :) picture ppl is MUCH more reasonable & there still really good just dont do belly art :(
    @proudmommmy8789 thanks for the suggestions :)
    @marriedwith_4 thats wat im like! sheesh she JUST went up im like damn do u not see ppl are struggling! Pictures are a nice keep safe however not many ppl want a pict of ur belly they want a picture of the BABY! lol
  • @MrsStanley_x2 thats ALOT more reasonable!
    @headersue DMV is a abbreviation for DC, Maryland & VA lol but thats a good suggestion too thats how i found her so it wouldnt hurt :)
    @JerseyMommy i work for JC Penneys so wen i go to work today imma c wat there abt plus I can use my sales associate discount :D hopefully there is someone skilled there that may b able to do belly art!
    @ncoughlin08 thanks thats wat im gonna try & do nxt! :D
    @txmoorekat will do! thanks :D