Birth plan requests and questions

edited May 2011 in Giving birth
What should I be requesting and such. What are your birth plans?

Comments

• First time mommy so I'm looking for advice.
  • Thebump.com has a good outline for a birth plan.. that's what I'm using, and modifying it to fit my wants/needs. I'm a ftm, too.
  • You are able to tell them under what circumstances you would like to have pain meds...who you want allowed in during the birth. Pretty much any type of request you have that go asking with the birth and right after. You can ask to have the baby given to you right away....or cleaned up first (alot of women who breast feed want the baby put right to their chest after being born). Just a few ideas to start with....
  • edited May 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm have a c section so I'm not given the choice to have contact with the babby. :( I will def havve to check out those sites though and thanks everyone!
  • I can tell you they gave me pitocin and they did an episiotomy and I did not even know until after, so with my second and third births I added that I didn't want an iv and that no procedures were to be done without me or my husband consent.. If I was you I would put down what you don't want done.
  • Oh wow I didn't know these things...this post helped me too thanks ladies!!
  • do they actually look @ the birth plan b4 u.go into labor??
  • they look at it whilst ur in labour@naliibby2