What Diaper Brand Is The Best?

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Okay so I'm looking to register for diapers and I have no idea which ones work the best like walmart brand pamper huggies luvs or kirkland brand? Helppp

Comments

• I USED Pampers and luv. My girlfriend swore by Kirkland. Hated Huggies!
  • My boys were allergic to the cheap brands, they broke out in rashes every time. I used huggies for brand new baby and pampers most the other time. Of course that was before pampers came out with drymax. Goodluck.
  • Everyone will tell you different things hun. I personally LOVED pampers and HATED huggies, they seemed cheap and gave my daughter a rash, but everyone is different :)
  • Pampers and luvs. I have a little diva apparently and she gets bad diaper rash in store brands. Huggies don't seem to absorb well to me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Huggies brand wipes, Pampers and store brand seem to thin. I use the Huggies naturals wipes.
  • @MommyOfTwoPrincesses have you ever used the pampers swaddlers
  • I love swaddlers!
  • My daughter was VERY sensitive and Pampers Swaddlers were the only thing she could wear. Great but expensive. With my son, Huggies work out GREAT, but he's also able to use Wal-Mart brand and the Grocery Store Brand without a problem.
  • @mommy2be92 yep, that's what I used until size 2 because that's the biggest size in swaddlers and then switched to pampers cruisers. My 16 month old is in size 4 cruisers and we have never once had problems with the pampers at all :)
  • I prefer Huggies. Pampers in my opinion are too thin.
  • Anyone ever hear of "Parents Choice?" I got a lot of those at my baby shower, as well as a mix of Huggies, Luvs, & Pampers. I have no idea where the Parents Choice brand came from: Walmart, dollar stores, I don't know...?
  • I used Pampers for my boys loved swaddlers! My daughter was allergic to all diapers but Huggies were the ones that gave her the least reaction. This baby I plan on using both huggies and pampers. Only store brand I ever liked were kirkland and target. Every mom has their own preference you will need to try different ones to find what works best for you :-)
  • I love the Pampers Swaddlers for newborn, but moved to Huggies at size 1. I always felt like Huggies fit better so there was less leakage.
  • @artistmamma parents choice are from walmart :-)
  • @MommyOfTwoPrincesses thanks I was really wondering about them because online at walmart you can get a size 1 box of 158 for 34 dollars and newborn of 104 for 28
  • When my daughter was a nb I used pampers. Now that she's walking I love parents choice (walmart brand). They never ever leak and aren't bulky. They're also only $14 for 86 diapers.
  • Oh and does anyone know what brand has the line to tell you when the baby is wet?
  • Ohhh...thank you @bigmamak! This is my first baby & I haven't bought diapers myself yet, so I never really paid attention. I hope they'll be suitable for my girl, cause I have a LOT of them! :)
  • I only used pampers, huggies leaked. But the huggies wipes were much better. If you're registering, make sure the store has a good return policy and don't open the diapers until you need them, so you can exchange them if they don't work for you. You won't really know what works until you have your baby and can test them out.
  • My sister in law loves kirkland brand which is costco it's $40 for a box of 210
  • @laura536 thanks I never really even thought about returning them I didn't know you could with diapers
  • @mommy2be92 pampers swaddlers have the lines to show the baby is wet. :)
  • You usually can return them if they are unopened and you're within the stores return guidelines...at my store you need your reciept and you have 90 days. It would just suck to have a huge stash of diapers and then not be able to use them because your baby is allergic or they leak. And some stores have really easy return policies (like babies r us, I think) and some are a pain like mine, lol!
  • I always used pampers or huggies. I used luvs for a while but they leaked. My son was a big p-er. I also know a few people who could never use pampers. They're kinda scented and some Babys are allergic to them.
  • Check out Amazon.com! Sign up for amazon mom and get Pampers Swaddlers mailed to you. I get 252 diapers delivered to my house for $28.94!!! Best deal out there! You can choose from several brands, that is just what I prefer!
  • edited May 2011
    I work in a day care in an infant room for the past 3 1/2 years so I've worked with just about every brand of diaper. Never heard of kirkland diapers tho.
    parents choice (walmart) or sams club would be the last diapers i'd ever buy they always leak!. I like pampers swaddlers for newborns, but they do sag alot when older. I like huggies but they are most expensive. Target brand is my 3rd choice they compare to huggies I would say. luvs are alright & cute but I'm not a very big fan of them always had problems with the tabs breaking off when putting them on! Hope this helps! As for wipes I would recommend target brand (purple) they are very soft and nice on babies skin!
  • @babyboydarden that is a fabulous deal! Geepers!

@mom2be92 target usually had decent sales on diapers. I just bought a pack of pampers swaddlers dry max 104.for 20. And actually all pampers & huggies were 20 that day! much better quality then parents choice. After baby comes you will be able to see better what works for your baby!
  • Pampers for the first year, then huggies. But definately dont use huggies with.a breastfed baby until they're eating cereal. Breastfedbaby poop always leaks up the back of huggies diapers.
  • @math_mommy breast fed baby poop is the worst! Lol
  • I used pampers and plan on using them again. I found huggies leaked easily!
  • Pampers Are The Best Tbh :)