first time worries

edited May 2011 in September 2011
So I found myself overthinking everything today but being a first time mom I am wondering if id even notice a contraction or if I was dilating. The doctor likes to ask questions like if I've felt that but how would I know that's what I felt? Any other first timers wondering this?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yes! I have not felt a contraction.... but she explained it better and i have been having a few braxton hicks. I've asked my doc some pretty ridiclous questions and she's answered them all.
  • Once that starts there is no is this or isn't it. How far are you? I'm a first time mom and I have the braxton hicks all the time and those are wuss wuss contractions but you feel your stomach become a rock. I'm just wondering if my water break do I go to the ER or into the main entrance of the hospital lol. I'll be the woman in labor outside the hospital like "Omg where do I go!" Lol
  • @mscheyla I was told to go specifically to labor and delivery. They have a seperate entrance here.... with a phone to call for assistance if needed.
  • I'm so worried I'm going to go into labour n not even notice. I know chances are that won't happen but its just constantly on my mind. But then so is my concern that my baby will be ginger lol.
  • @mscheyla i got told that if it was during regular hospital hour then to go through the main entrance up to l&d. If its after 9 then go through the emergency room cause the rest of the hospital is on lock down for the night.
  • @a_wagner here you have to call maternity n let them know you're coming, even in the middle of the day when you know they'll be there. Then go straight to L & D
  • @bambi_bump well you dont have to here but they would appreciate a call ahead of time so they know your coming.
  • @maggie & @a_wagner thanks for clearing that up ladies
  • Im 23 weeeks and just realized the other day that it was braxton hicks I've been feeling for a few weeeks now. I thought it was the baby curling up in a tight balll in the center of my uterus.