Moving

edited May 2011 in Military moms
So it is almost time 2 weeks and I am moving from tennesse to Washington state. I will be 23 weeks and 6 days. Any tips for a long car ride like that?

Comments

• I am getting nervous, because I am moving away from all family. Also does anyone have any advice about Ft. Lewis hospital for l&d?
  • Anything?
  • drink lots of water n take it easy u be right enjoy the move :p
  • That's what the doctor said. And to stop. I am curious if there are any ladies who have had to move when pregnant that far?
  • And thank you @bummy87 for replying
  • I moved from AZ to Washington state at 27 weeks. I took the train it was miserable. My advise is drink lots of water don't hold your pee.Stay away from salty food. Try to stop every 2 hours and walk for 15 minutes. And stop for overnight at a motel get lots of rest... lay on your side with your feet pepped while you sleep! I has to be in a reclining position the whole time I gained 40lbs in water weight and my legs and ankles swelled 3 times there size!
  • proped oops!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We definitely already have planned to stop overnight. Oh man I love peanut butter cracker its like my only munchie food I eat. I may need to pick something else. Good to know about stopping every two hours my family just said every 5 hours but I think I will take your advice, I am worried about my legs and feet swelling they seem to swell when I sleep or anytime I sit longer than an hour already.
  • @mama0811 I have tried looking up reviews on the l&d and I only found 8 reviews 4 were good and bad but they dated back to 08 so I am praying they have solved any problems they may have had.
  • @mama0811 my husband has been in basic and AIT since oct of last year. When he came home for christmas we end up pregnant again. So he has been gone the whole pregnancy this time as well it is very hard sometime. We have a 8 month old daughter now. When are you do? And thank you I hope your experience is good.
  • Madigian is a good place this is my 2nd pregency here....and for the long road trip ...ugh I did it with my 1st pregency From Nc to wa just stop and walk a lot your legs will swell and your back will problely hurt.. but its not that bad...good luck on your move
  • @mama0811 I had my daughter last august on the 25. My husband is finally graduating AIT on may 25 it has been a long 7 months. We just got his orders for Washington about a week ago. They seem to be slow and it is stressful and nerve racking. We still don't know if he will deploy from Washington once we get there he doesn't have any of that information yet.
  • I don't know if u mentioned it earlier..but what part of wa are u moving to? And are u delivering at madigan army hospital? How far along are u ?
  • @armywife88 good to hear they are good, I was getting worried. How long did it take you to get from NC to WA
  • @heatherlynn not sure yet were exactly we will live. Near Ft. Lewis though & yes I will be delivering at madigan hospital. I am 21 weeks and 6 days.
  • Oh okay. I live near the base. I won't be delivering there..but that's good that ur not delivering in june (when I'm delivering) I heard they are going to be so packed that month that they are doubling up the maternity rooms...its a baby boom hahaha.
  • @heatherlynn wow that is crazy.

@armywife88 just curious does the hospital provide any baby stuff or should I make sure I lack everything I could possibly need? Sorry to ask a question like that. The last hospital I delivered at provided everything but clothes so I am just curious.
  • Well I have done the drive 3 times at the shortest is was 3 days and the longest one was 4 ....and when I had my son 2 years ago they gave diapers and wipes :)
  • Make sure you.stop and walk every cpl hours.. I went on a trip from bama to gatlinburg, about.a 5 hr trip. The car ride made me swell up