stretch marks

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
Any advice on how to prevent stretch marks or get rid of them?

Comments

• Mederma gets rid of them, drinking lots if water and staying moisturized helps prevent them. But really its on the person, some women get them worse than others, some don't get them at all
  • Palmers has an entire line of products for prevention and treatment of stretch marks. When you moisturize, don't forget your hips. And if you do get some, wear them proudly, you earned them!
  • "Lay it on thick" from bath & body works does wonders for me! I haven't got new stretch marks & faded my pre-pregnancy ones. Good luck!
  • Nordys has some great products and if they don't work you can return them
  • What I learned from my mom.aunt and other family members...its genetics.
  • I use the Lay it on Thick also, but I use vitamin E oil first. The key is to start as early as you find out you're pregnant and to drink lots and lots of water. Be religious about your regiment, twice a day, everyday!
  • It is genetic. I tried many different products and thought I was safe n nope got them everywhere.
  • Palmers coco butter for stretch marks!
  • Thanks for advice everyone sure to use some of your tipsy
  • I also read that if you mix peanut butter and veg oil and put it on your stretch marks, then put saran wrap on it for 30 mins a day that'll get rid of them too. I've never tried it just the thought makes me want a shower
  • Palmers all the way! I used it twice a day religiously and it worked 100%... except under my breasts - which is the only place I didn't think to put it!
  • Yes palmers also worked for me..I didn't get strech marks n
  • untill I was 38 weeks prego and that was when I stopped using it
  • untill I was 38 weeks prego and that was when I stopped using it..and strech marks don't run ob the family ..I git them very light u can even see them anymore