just had csection

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Wow I am soooo sore. How can I sleep?

Comments

• The spinal has wore off cuz ii feel and move my feet
  • Ouch.. Hope the soreness goes away
  • Yay for your baby being out... did they not give you pain killers?
  • Just had a c- section & you mention yourself & not this precious baby you birthed?!?
  • Well take it easy and enjoy your baby. Congrats!!!
  • Baby sleeping now. I'm wonderind if I should ask for pain killers. They basically gave me motrin on crack. But it hurts so bad. I just don't know what to do and when I should ask.
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry I just had a ton of visitors and was wondering what I should do for myself because my xander is 100% healthy and breastfed asleep I didn't think to mention him on this site
  • Id be askin for meds
  • Ask for the meds I know right after my c section they gave me morphine which helped... But whenever u start feeling better start walking around it will help the abdominal area feel wayyyyy better
  • I had a very hard time sleeping after mine.. And the medicine the hospital gave me did nothing.. Motrin and percesepts (sp?).. I has to also on my back which was very hard for me.
  • I got perocet after my c section...helped a lot and safe if breastfeeding. Congrats!!! The soreness shouldn't last too long. Just get up and move as much as you can.
  • I asked whrn they would allow me to try and walk they said 12 hrs but I'm trying for sooner
  • They gave me something in my iv motrin and vicodin.
  • Well, whenever they do let you get up...move as much as you can and shower. I believe getting up and moving helped me heal faster. I had a very easy recovery with no pain, just a little soreness.
  • Vicodin helps.
  • I was in so much pain after my cs. Morphine was wonderful to me. I hope your pain lessens soon, it's ok to take painkillers! That way you can fully focus on your new little bundle. Congrats, mama! :D
  • Oh and after the first day, they had me on percocet and motrin. Helped a lot!
  • Usually they have an iv hooked up with a button(predetermined amounts and times so you can't just sit and push whenever and keep getting) if not than you ask the nurse for pain meds which they'll give you every 4-6 hours(depending in what it is) EXACTLY, which means no not even 9 minutes earlier than your last dose was lol sorry you're having trouble sleeping, I always found it easy to do so in a hospital bed because of the ability for it to 'incline'. Glad you're baby is fine and breastfed, I know that was a huge worry of yours.

@sands3 I agree..I didn't get out of bed till the next afternoon for my first and it was so much harder moving around versus my second one when I goy out/up within a few hours.
  • I finally got out of bed yesterday showered and walked up and down the hall a bit. I had a little trouble getting him to latch the first night but I jad help and he is doing better now. As for pain...all I will say is omg gas! It hurts so bad and at tjis point feel no shame in letting a large riiiip go lol. That allso being said I thonk Xander has broken a record for most manlyish farts within first 48 hours!!!!! He pooed 5 times first day and had reg poo by the end of the day. :)