What should I do? Braxton Hicks or contractions?

edited May 2011 in July 2011
Im 31w 3d, & been having pretty reg braxton hickd (i think) this morning. How do I know if I should go get checked or not. I dont wanna look stupid. But they havent went away with water or movement. This is my 4th pregnancy, but its been awhile since my last was born and I just dont remember. My other kids were born @ 32w, 36w, and 33w.

Comments

• I would go in. More than 5 contractions of any kind in an hour before 37 weeks is considered preterm labor. Go in hun. Good luck! Keep us updated!
  • @mommyoftwopricesses really? I've went into preterm labor with my daughter n this time been gettin bad contractons lasting all night if i do a lot.
  • @mommyto1soontob2 yep that's what all my papers from the hospital and doctors office says. I went into preterm labor a lot with my first too, so Maye its just a precaution? Im not sure but since she has a history of preterm birth id say she should go in.
  • Go in hunny pretty regular is a sign how many have u had do u think today......@babygirl716
  • Yeah l&d deff.
  • I've had 5 since 1pm. Its 3:10 now. I came home & rested, hoping maybe they'll stop or slow down. It seems as tho they have. My bd wants me to call, but I think I should wait until I at least have 5 in an hours time. Just hate to waste their time, and dont wanna be put on bedrest. : (
  • If you are only 31 weeks and having real contractuons with a history of ptl, you should be on bedrest.
  • No harm in getting checked. :)
  • @Ellie3712 , I knw, & even agree with u, but would like to wait until I knw for sure thats what it is. I realize I have to do wats best for baby & me, but also cant really afford to be off work very long. Was hoping to use my vacation after baby is born.
  • I hope you feel better & good luck to you!
  • Thanx to u all! I will update if/when I go!
  • Iv been havin the same as u. But this is my first. Also i think we have the same edd. Mines july 15th 2011. X
  • Wow! Pretty close! Mines July 16, are u havin boy or girl? @mummy_2_be19
  • I have been having real contractions that have been inconsistent for five days now..my midwife told me that its normal and just my body preparing for active labor, she also said it could last days or weeks before active labor begins..I'm just so excited n I hope she comes real soon (7 days until edd) I just want to meet my little princess! Just try to relax as much as possible n if they are consistent I would call your doctor, I called mine I never feel stupid that's what the doctors are there for & paid for!
  • Yeah, I would call, but not nessecarily go in unless they get worse or your doc tells you to. I would also treat today like a "bed rest day" & hopefully the rest will help. Good luck hon. :)
  • I would definitely call. The dr will let you know about coming in.

I am in my 2nd trimester and have had some contractions and they had me come in to get checked out. Its a long story but I ended up staying overnight and had a bunch of tests done. Everything is fine but all the dr and nurses said it was better to come in and be sure. Don't feel stupid or silly making sure you and the baby are ok.
  • Thanks ladies @Mom2bIA0528 , @vette_devil and @SaraS . Since that day they have slowed ALOT.
  • @Babygirl716 I'm having a little boy. X
  • edited May 2011
    I'm 7months my edd is july 15th and im 31 wks all this week i been feeling braxton hick pains I will be 8months june 8th and I'm havinq a boy