1 hr glucpse Test

edited May 2011 in Health
Doctor office just called... My sugars are High and they want me to do 1 hour glucose test... Never had this done before and I dont know what to expect... Any Info?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @deedeetram dont worry, i believe everyone has to do this. I just did mine today. I believe if something isnt quite right, they will call u to come in to do a 3 hr test where u wld drink the drink and wait 3 hrs before they draw blood.
    How far along are u??
  • Everyone should do it.around 28wks.I had one early and have to do another one.I was supposed to do it today but I didn't feel good enough to drive today.don't drink or eat anything sugary before you go.I was told to eat a high protein breakfast like eggs.no coffee or juice.they give a drink that taste liked flat orange soda(I've heard they have a new flavor in some places)you drink it within 5min and then an hr later they take your blood.my last pregnancy I failed and had to take a 5hr that was horrible they had to draw my blood evry hr it was 4xs.
  • @lucky7 Im only 17 weeks they said it was pretty urgent.. so im a lil scared
  • I got my 1st one at 18wks this pregnancy bc they want to check me early bc my last baby was 10lbs and I was very sick my whole pregnancy.they keep checking my urine and that's why they sent me early bc my sugar was high(I know it has a name for it but I can't think of the name) This pregnancy is worse:( good luck.I hope everything is ok.have you been feeling sick?